Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Months of Miles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2011, 10:49 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I finally broke down and put together a spreadsheet with all of my partner transactions, the amounts, and whether or not they've posted, particularly given the changes made to the MP Mall site.

Still missing anything recent (post-site-change), a Sears.com purchase (the MP Mall Sears.com link went to Kmart.com, and you had to click the "Sears.com" link in the site header to get there--could be why it's not showing up...), one Sam's Club gift card purchase, and a couple of other miscellaneous purchases.

I also noticed several merchants I'd done business with recently have lower mileage earning rates on the updated site (a few went from, say, 1.75 miles/$ to 1 mile/$, for example). I didn't take screen captures from the days of purchase, unfortunately, and two of these are ones which I'm missing, so I suspect I'll only get the smaller rate.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 11:12 am

Programs: Several dozen
Woe is me - I got suckered into participating in United's Months of Misery.

I now have a SAM's membership and several SAM's $10 gift card purchases.

When to the purchases actually post? - I wail

This hour do Sam's $10 gift card purchases count? - I moan

Oh, more woe - Chase is holding up my purchases out of concern that a thief ran off with my card and is running amuck making millions of penny ante purchases.

I'm gnashing my teeth and biting my nails out of concern that I gave up my root canal appointment to participate in Months of Misery. Did I make a mistake?

Last edited by AlohaDaveKennedy; Oct 6, 2011 at 11:47 am
Old Oct 6, 2011, 11:36 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
The world is coming to an end, this is clearly a sign of the apocalypse. I got email response back from Cartera!

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for your inquiry.

You asked:

I recently purchased Home Depot gift cards. I noticed that as of today the retailer details for Home Depot states that miles will no longer be awarded for gift card purchases. However, at the time I purchased (I have a screen shot with a timestamp), gift cards earned miles. I would like to confirm that my purchases made before the terms for Home Depot were changed will earn miles since the terms in effect when I purchased said that they will.

We apologize for any inconvenience this matter may have caused. When did you make your purchase?

Sincerely,

Jiordenia
Note that it has been over 3 weeks since my original inquiry
Old Oct 6, 2011, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by jasonvr
The world is coming to an end, this is clearly a sign of the apocalypse. I got email response back from Cartera!

Yep... I sent an email when the promotion first started, I think 9/26, asking about Staples GCs. Finally got an email back yesterday saying they don't qualify (though they did until recently).
Old Oct 6, 2011, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by iridium
Has the months of miles ended? I thought it was extended upto dec 15.
Officially ends on Dec 15, but for me, it ended the moment I saw a chunk of last month's transactions missing after the new updates. I don't care if I get nothing from this promo. I'm done with the MP mall and I'm sticking solely with Ultimate Rewards and Ebates.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by penner42
Yep... I sent an email when the promotion first started, I think 9/26, asking about Staples GCs. Finally got an email back yesterday saying they don't qualify (though they did until recently).
Please tell me that you didn't roll over and accept that answer. That is totally bogus if they were valid for miles when you purchased. I am prepared to fight tooth and nail on that issue.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt

______
Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for your inquiry.

You asked:

I recently purchased Home Depot gift cards. I noticed that as of today the retailer details for Home Depot states that miles will no longer be awarded for gift card purchases. However, at the time I purchased (I have a screen shot with a timestamp), gift cards earned miles. I would like to confirm that my purchases made before the terms for Home Depot were changed will earn miles since the terms in effect when I purchased said that they will.

We apologize for any inconvenience this matter may have caused. When did you make your purchase?

Sincerely,

Jiordenia

This is a freakin joke alright... like that commercial with that slavick man who says he's Peggy hahahaha.

I mean C'mon, where are they getting these names: Jiordenia, Kolandra, Petra!

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy

I now have a SAM's membership and several SAM's $10 gift card purchases.

When to the purchases actually post? - I wail

This hour do Sam's $10 gift card purchases count? - I moan

Oh, more woe - Chase is holding up my purchases out of concern that a thief ran off with my card and is running amuck making millions of penny ante purchases.

I'm gnashing my teeth and biting my nails out of concern that I gave up my root canal appointment to participate in Months of Misery. Did I make a mistake?
biggest mistake of your coin lovin life!! Goooooood luck!

Please tell me that you didn't roll over and accept that answer. That is totally bogus if they were valid for miles when you purchased. I am prepared to fight tooth and nail on that issue.
So am I. And as you know, I live near Cartera. They will see me.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
Maybe we can organize the Great Protest DO of 2011 right at Cartera HQ!
Old Oct 6, 2011, 5:47 pm

Oh, no they didn't say my previous purchases didn't. They just said as of now they don't. They answered the question as if I sent it today, probably not even realizing I asked the question 6 weeks ago.

All of my Staples GCs have already posted. The 9/9 purchases don't show up on the new mall, but they have already posted to my MP account.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 5:50 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Maybe we can organize the Great Protest DO of 2011 right at Cartera HQ!

I will be in their HQ town in a few weeks-it is in Hell, Cayman, Correct??
Old Oct 6, 2011, 5:59 pm

Buy a gift card. Use that. It won't get fraud-blocked every 5 minutes.

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
This is a freakin joke alright... like that commercial with that slavick man who says he's Peggy hahahaha.

I mean C'mon, where are they getting these names: Jiordenia, Kolandra, Petra!

biggest mistake of your coin lovin life!! Goooooood luck!

Old Oct 6, 2011, 5:59 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
I have decided to give up on the MP shopping mall. Still missing orders from August (Sears, HD, Lego)...

And now they dropped the payout levels. I had a bunch of Buy.com orders planned...and they went down to 1 miles per $....

So I went back to Ultimate Rewards mall. At least any miles I earn I can transfer to United....and they give me a whole lot more than MP shop mall per $....

I was really tempted to do $125 to get the additional 1500 miles..but it said "participating merchants". What does that mean? All that participate in the shopping mall? Or certain merchants? I know in the past there have been bonuses that were limited to a certain number of merchants..

Also... as far as them dropping the payout levels....they always screw it up when you have a missing transaction they have to research.

For example....in January I ordered from Sears.com. The payout level was on a "higher level" because of holiday specials. Of course 8 weeks later it isn't showing up. So I put in a research request. And I eventually get the miles months later....but they gave them to me based on the current earning level...not the level I earned them through at the time of my order....

I was so ticked that it took them months to pay me that I didn't even fight them on the fact that they didn't give me the right amount of miles. That was when I said "I'm done!" and stopped ordering from them. Then of course "MoM' is offered and I start to order again.

So just be careful to make sure you are paid the correct amount on any order you have to research. I have a feeling once they validate the order they will try to pay out at the current LOWER rates!!!

Hopefully everyone has print outs of their screens for what their offer was...

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 6, 2011 at 6:11 pm Reason: merge
Old Oct 6, 2011, 8:02 pm

So I thought that I would be able to rack up miles by using the Shopping Mall but none of my purchases (or dinner reservations) are showing up even though it has been 1-2 weeks. I don't have screen shots for all of them either. Will they magically appear at somepoint or am I screwed without the screenshots?
Old Oct 6, 2011, 8:10 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jmsfla2002
So I thought that I would be able to rack up miles by using the Shopping Mall but none of my purchases (or dinner reservations) are showing up even though it has been 1-2 weeks. I don't have screen shots for all of them either. Will they magically appear at somepoint or am I screwed without the screenshots?
Save your receipts and order confirmation e-mails. You can always request credit for those which don't post, though the mall's sudden degradation of miles / dollar rates might mean you get the prevailing rate vs. what you should have for some merchants.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
+1 (unfortunately)

Oh, but for the good old days with the NWA mall promo and the Northern Tool 99 cent sawblades ...

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 6, 2011 at 11:16 pm Reason: merge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.