Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the master thread is UA MP Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) -when is it released?
Print Wikipost

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2020, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by oskidunker
All I can book are connecting flights for next Fall. Thats ok as I do not want yo pay 155k for one way.
1. why am I forced to go coach from sfo-ewr and then business to lhr? Plane is 777-200 with business?
2. am I allowed to upgrade from coach to PE or E+ with cash?
Have no status but do have united chase card.

i have done the Lufthansa connection before but dont want to do that this time.

travel dates are Oct 18 or 19 going. Back around Nov 15.
typically I never see F for the US connection to the TATL flight. Maybe you waitlist or pray for a nonstop to open.

It is hard to predict when UA will open the nonstops from SFO for the fka “saver” award price. I would check periodically as I expect the advance bookings will be slim.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 2:06 pm

Programs: Bear Backers
I booked one seat but was not charged anything. I thought there was a $300 charge on award tickets out of Lhr.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 2:10 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I need two seats. I see one. Thanks. Would you book one now and hope to snag another one later?
One thought -- as changes are free (for international flights originating from the USA), book the one ticket and look for a second on those flights or 2 on other flights

Worst case, you don't go and may have a redeposit fee for one ticket. But in the meantime, you have 1 ticket
Old Dec 30, 2020, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I booked one seat but was not charged anything. I thought there was a $300 charge on award tickets out of Lhr.
If you weren't charged anything, it's unlikely that you have a ticket. You'd need to pay $5.60 on the outbound and, as you suggest, at least $200 or so on the return (UK Air Passenger Duty plus US customs + immigration fees).
Old Dec 30, 2020, 3:44 pm

Actually I checked my credit card and there is a pending charge for $318.00. Got my wife a ticket flying the day before. We were both able to fly back on the same flight. If a seat opens up on the outgoing flights, I will change one so we can fly together. 50 seats, none reserved and they only allow 1 saver seat. I guess We were lucky to grab those.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Actually I checked my credit card and there is a pending charge for $318.00. Got my wife a ticket flying the day before. We were both able to fly back on the same flight. If a seat opens up on the outgoing flights, I will change one so we can fly together. 50 seats, none reserved and they only allow 1 saver seat. I guess We were lucky to grab those.
sounds like you are all set then. There will likely be more saver award space on these flights in the future.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 8:06 pm

If i try to change the day of the outgoing flight

Would I lose the return? Would calling save the return?
Old Dec 30, 2020, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
If i try to change the day of the outgoing flight
Would I lose the return? Would calling save the return?
If all on UA, no problem BUT it still be best to call to make an award change.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 8:09 pm

United Award Biz to Maldives

With all of United's partners, why on earth does UAL not have a legitimate business class award from the US to the Maldives? Am I missing something, or does the only "business class" award seat include a 8+ hour flight in Turkish Airlines economy from Istanbul to the Maldives?
Old Mar 7, 2021, 8:14 pm

1. Partners determine award availability on their flights, UA does not.
2. Flights to the Maldives have been significantly decreased by those partners

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 8, 2021 at 12:48 am Reason: cleanup after merge
Old Mar 7, 2021, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
There are plenty of options. You just need some patience and skills.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
There are plenty of options. You just need some patience and skills.
Hmmmm. Okay. I was looking for any date in the future and the only thing I ever saw from the US to MLE was business awards through IST or FRA which had you sitting in economy for the IST/FRA to MLE leg in the dreaded "mixed cabin" award. I would be nice to be able to filter those out. I'm not interested in a biz class award in which one of the legs is in economy for 8 hours. :-/

If anyone has seen a biz award in a biz class seat all the way from the US to MLE I would certainly love to hear what the routing and airline was. I will keep looking and try to refine my skills!

Edit: I did find some options in the very near future, the next couple weeks, as airlines release unsold inventory--and that was through next month but with Air India via Delhi. So there ARE options if I can fly last with little notice and go to India. :-)

Last edited by EQDsSUCK; Mar 7, 2021 at 9:13 pm
Old Mar 7, 2021, 9:10 pm

Pre-COVID folks connected thru DEL/BOM/SIN/CMB -- many of those (shorter) flights onward to MLE are greatly reduced
Old Mar 8, 2021, 11:20 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by EQDsSUCK
With all of United's partners, why on earth does UAL not have a legitimate business class award from the US to the Maldives? Am I missing something, or does the only "business class" award seat include a 8+ hour flight in Turkish Airlines economy from Istanbul to the Maldives?
Not sure when you're planning to go to MLE but but check through Singapore as well.

Last edited by mh3265a; Mar 8, 2021 at 11:30 am
Old Mar 8, 2021, 6:25 pm

EWR-SEA Business/First Saver for End of March/early April was relatively plentiful when I checked last Friday (MAR05) but ever since the day after (MAR06) I can't find any good 25k UA Biz/First Saver awards checking daily morning/night. My question is if the saver awards just happened to be batch released at the beginning of some predetermined period that I just happened to look, and were immediately snatched up by the day after? Or, does availability continuously phase in and out? I'm trying to decide if I should just splurge for the Biz/First Everyday Award. Thank you for reading!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.