Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the master thread is UA MP Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) -when is it released?
Print Wikipost

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2016, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by blueman2
I think saying this is being disingenuous is fair if the OP's comments are true. The saver award program in my reading implies space is limited, but generally available if you are flexible and diligent in finding space. This has been my experience. But if UA never allows ANY saver space on a flight, I would say that is being disingenuous. But then, I have ALWAYS been able to find saver space on routes I want if I work hard enough at it and remain flexible. So never been an issue.
UA is pretty clear that not all flights or routes qualify. If demand is high they will not have saver awards.

"Saver Awards are capacity-controlled and may not be available on certain flights where demand is high."
Old Dec 31, 2016, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by keisari
similar situation of no business saver on EWR-TLV or SFO-TLV.
I agree that if UA thinks they can sell the seat, they will not discount it
Last survey I counted 13 days of I space on SFO-TLV until end of calendar.

But for SIN it sounds like they are selling the cabin up front. As noted before, you can get to SIN in I class via other routings, and if your heart is set on UA1 you can pay up for a Standard Award.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
I am not surprised. When UA launched DEN-NRT, there was zero saver availability for the first few years that the flight was launched.

SFO-SIN is a new route, so expect to see zero saver awards for the first few years that the route is around.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SFO-SIN-SFO is a premium business route. Many business class tickets are sold within days of departure. UA does release many awards seats close to departure if flights are not expected to sell out. Wait until a few days/hours prior to departure and check again.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 1:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by warreng24
SFO-SIN is a new route, so expect to see zero saver awards for the first few years that the route is around.
But when they introduced IAH-SCL, saver awards in both cabins (and upgrades) were plentiful. So just because it's new doesn't mean they won't release the seats.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Different people have different tastes. I've flown SQ twice in Business Class, and I have to say I prefer UA. I also feel SQ has a real attitude problem and have no desire to further patronize them.
I too have flown SQ J both transpac and within Asia several times. Color me unimpressed. Same with CX. Besides, I, like many others, take into account FFP as a part of the airline's "service." Even with MP's devaluations, UA offers a superior product for me.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
I've heard that in the past. I've only had great experiences with SQ. I've always been treated great and have never experienced attitudes from them.
SQ really messed up the J cabin on the 350 ... the seat is deeply flawed and I would hesitate to book it.

SQ A350 Shockingly Bad J Seat.

I'd probably choose 1 stop instead on SQ, NH, or BR.

Last edited by Kacee; Dec 31, 2016 at 2:55 pm
Old Dec 31, 2016, 2:52 pm

The vast majority of business travelers will book the nonstop, even with the premium in fare. But I agree that NH and BR are compelling alternatives. I would also add OZ. But I don't think those airlines offer lie-flat J on the intra-Asia segments. Those flights are longer than U.S. transcons.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sinoflyer
But I don't think those airlines offer lie-flat J on the intra-Asia segments. Those flights are longer than U.S. transcons.
SQ, NH, and BR all offer lie flats the full route. OZ does not. CX it's a crapshoot on the final leg (but a sub-4 hour flight).

Originally Posted by sinoflyer
The vast majority of business travelers will book the nonstop, even with the premium in fare.
Perhaps not once they've flown the SQ 350 (or had a two day delay on UA).
Old Dec 31, 2016, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Perhaps not once they've flown the SQ 350 (or had a two day delay on UA).
LOL. Now I'm actually intrigued with SQ's new A350.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 1:24 pm

UA MP Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) -when is it released? [2017 forward]

Trying to find a saver award ticket from SFO to ATL in July 2017, there are very little date available, should I wait or that is all they have?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 1:35 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!, h2000
Originally Posted by h2000
Trying to find a saver award ticket from SFO to ATL in July 2017, there are very little date available, should I wait or that is all they have?
There is never an definitive answer to this type of question. Some more inventory may appear and it may not. A lot depends on how paid seat activity goes, if slow UA may open up more. But if sales activity is strong they will not. All you can do is watch. Realize in the meantime, they other availability may also disappear / be used. It is a dynamic system.

If this is near peak travel times, vacations, college graduations, ... many people plan far in advance.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:45 am

Redeem award flights to South America

I'd like to redeem award flights to South America, either economy or business for travel in January 2018.

What is the best time to make reservation?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by gunsar
I'd like to redeem award flights to South America, either economy or business for travel in January 2018.

What is the best time to make reservation?
Staring in February.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:24 am

UA saver award availability in J can be tough to South America. More often than not, you'll see it offered in J class on codeshare airlines - Copa on a 737 via PTY or Avianca on an A320 via BOG. The prospect of flying all the way to SCL, EZE, GIG or GRU on a narrow body leaves a lot to be desired.

Award space on UA metal for their long-haul South American flights is typically offered on standard awards only. You may have better luck to northern cities in South America.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.