Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Mileage Plus: Loyalty program for the new United in 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Plus: Loyalty program for the new United in 2012

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by sbm12
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
<deep breath>
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Just kidding. Hardly a surprise and doesn't really matter too much. Nice to see the nod to "preserving" lifetime status in the announcement.
Don't worry. You'll get used to it!

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
On the plus side, this announcement was supposed to happen in Q3, so glad to see they are doing better than estimates.

http://onepassmergerupdates.com/en/o...tones/Timeline
Sure, they made the "announcement" but other than the name of the program going forward and a bunch of details we already knew what did they really announce?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by agarc
I was so excited to open this thread and then... no program details.
At least he posted it here before we got our e-mails with the same announcement.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
Sure, they made the "announcement" but other than the name of the program going forward and a bunch of details we already knew what did they really announce?
They announced that they'll make a later announcement with more details, part of which will likely be another announcement about a new later announcement.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Interesting that they decided to keep the MP name when the website originally announced that a new program name would be announced. Sign that they recognize that there is some brand equity that United brings that is > CO?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Probably cheaper to have kept the same name. Thus only CO accounts need to be merged or converted to the existing program.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:52 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Thanks UA Insider for the update ^

Maybe a change I actually like?

Originally Posted by davef139
Hooray! Now I dont have to learn a new number.
Maybe/maybe not

Originally Posted by cordelli
Thanks for the notice. I actually like the name.
Moi aussi
Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Mileage Plus is what I know and have far more of a history with, I'm happy the name will live on. Though I hope they adopt the CO policy of sending luggage tags to elites.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:20 pm

Just got the e-mail in the inbox announcing the new name... still nothing of note.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:23 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by USFreak
Oh great....here comes StarNet blocking for the Continental FF's.....
That was going to happen no matter what the program was called.

It's a change they think you're going to like!
Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by UA Insider
In addition, OnePass members will earn 2012 elite status based on their combined OnePass and Mileage Plus elite qualifying activity in 2011.
I sure hope this is also true for MP members!
Old Jun 29, 2011, 3:03 pm

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
scott, you mentioned mileage expiration. i have been used to co miles never expiring. i have over 1 mil miles in my account. do i have a deadline to use them? what gives?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 3:31 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bearkatt
scott, you mentioned mileage expiration. i have been used to co miles never expiring. i have over 1 mil miles in my account. do i have a deadline to use them? what gives?
Not answering for Scott or the UA, I suspect the reference mention is if or if not there will be an expiration policy. I guess we will need wait until they are ready to roll out the program.

BTW, PMUA policy is all miles (regardless of when earned) are under an 18 month inactivity policy. Any activity extends the expiration 18 months -- such as credit card miles, donations, .... in addition to flight or award activities. Relatively easy to keep miles alive indefinitely.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 3:34 pm

Programs: UAL, AAL, DAL, NKS, JBU
I wish they would keep the online mileage redemption options for OnePass, I really don't like the UA MP redemption web site, but I love Continental's, especially how it lists both economy and first class redemption on the same page. Also, one thing I love about CO's web site is their flight status page. Much, much more informative than UA.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by matthewsoft
I wish they would keep the online mileage redemption options for OnePass, I really don't like the UA MP redemption web site, but I love Continental's, especially how it lists both economy and first class redemption on the same page. Also, one thing I love about CO's web site is their flight status page. Much, much more informative than UA.
+1

I totally agree
Old Jun 29, 2011, 4:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by matthewsoft
I agree here - the CO redemption pages are much better than on .bomb.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.