Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Mileage Plus: Loyalty program for the new United in 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Plus: Loyalty program for the new United in 2012

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by dmodemd
I'm left twisting in the wind on MM benefits. I won't hit 1MM until early next year. Adding in CO miles will bring it a little closer but not prior to end of year, so I really don't know what I will get and whether I need to go out of my way to accelerate so I can hit 1MM before end of year. Since I am not sure if. how, when, they are combining for lifetime calcs, how much do I really need before the end of the year? I hate to get screwed if they devalue MM benefits.

UA people are hoping they keep *G status, CO people are hoping they keep status nomination. Doubt they keep both
Combined lifetime mileage won't get you anything until next year. What it will get you remains to be seen. If you are close with one carrier and like the benefits currently offered for 1MM on that carrier, I'd suggest trying t pass the mark on that carrier before the end of the year.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:36 am
jss

Programs: UA 1P (1MM), AA PLT (2MM)
My 000xx-xxx-xxx number is safe. Still amazed that when MP started in the early 80's they went with 11-digit format. Seems like overkill given computing power, etc.. at the time. And btw-- it is not so hard to remember.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:51 am
In Memorium

Programs: UA 1K-3.5MM; AA Exec. Plat.; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Platinum
Thanks, Scott!

Please announce the MM rules soon--I've been working for many long years to hit the 3MM BIS to get 1K for life!

Also, just let us know when the SWUs can be used on both carriers--the sooner we get a date the sooner all of us can begin to book our holiday travel. I am afraind to book anything now on CO in case the decision is nto to make them interchangeable this summer as previously announced.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:14 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Originally Posted by USFreak
Oh great....here comes StarNet blocking for the Continental FF's.....
DANG!
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:43 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by nova08
I believe OP format is two letters follow by 6 numbers

MP format is 50 numbers...(actually 11). I have easy memorized my OP # but haven't even tried to memorize my MP #. I will add that while I'm sure we all have memorized a full 10 digit phone number so what is one more digit. I think my issue is the format, it is 5 digits, 3 digits, and then 3 digits so it is a break from memorizing a 3, 3, 4 telephone number.
When your first three digits are 000 then it becomes a lot easier to remember the remaining 8

Originally Posted by jss
My 000xx-xxx-xxx number is safe. Still amazed that when MP started in the early 80's they went with 11-digit format. Seems like overkill given computing power, etc.. at the time. And btw-- it is not so hard to remember.
When Mileage Plus started in 1981 the numbers were only 6 digits long. That's back when we got little cardboard cards which got stapled to our flimsy paper tickets and were lifted as we boarded. Sometime later they prepended 5 new digits to our existing 8 digits, and I think most existing members got 000xx as the new 5 digits. They only used the first three positions for newer members.

Originally Posted by SteveDCA
Please announce the MM rules soon--I've been working for many long years to hit the 3MM BIS to get 1K for life!

Also, just let us know when the SWUs can be used on both carriers--the sooner we get a date the sooner all of us can begin to book our holiday travel. I am afraind to book anything now on CO in case the decision is nto to make them interchangeable this summer as previously announced.
+1 to all the above. I am within 70K of combined 3MM, of which 2.65MM are BIS on UA. I want to earn 1K for life without having to worry about annual qualifying.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:45 am

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
Will the new program still allow 1:1 transfer to Amtrak?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by MJLouise
Will the new program still allow 1:1 transfer to Amtrak?
I believe that was an arrangement with Continental only? I hope that stays in place. It's also nice to have access to the Acela Club when you are waiting in Penn Station.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:25 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by edcho
I believe that was an arrangement with Continental only? I hope that stays in place. It's also nice to have access to the Acela Club when you are waiting in Penn Station.
+1 about the Acela club, they have big boxes of cookies!
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:32 pm

Please no *Net blocking!
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UA Insider
I’m sure you have plenty of questions, and we’ll do our best to answer them.
Thanks for update - but as pointed out - this is just a name announcement. It is what it is - so there are really no questions we can ask at this time that you can answer. But obvioulsy we have many.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Confirmation from OP Service Center - COPA is joining MP...

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Now that it's official - when can I get these luggage tags?

Will we all get one?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:34 pm

Hopefully, we can start using our UA SWU on CO before then. So far, it's been easy to move miles between the two accounts. A good omen.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
On the plus side, this announcement was supposed to happen in Q3, so glad to see they are doing better than estimates.

http://onepassmergerupdates.com/en/o...tones/Timeline
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:56 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Thanks for not making it the "Miles Plus" that was showing up on several united.com pages (e.g. promotion registration). ^ That sounded worse than either "Mileage Plus" or "OnePass."

Thanks also for not making it, generically, "The United Frequent Flier Program" like "The United Club." ^
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
On the plus side, this announcement was supposed to happen in Q3, so glad to see they are doing better than estimates.

http://onepassmergerupdates.com/en/o...tones/Timeline
Only by a few days. I believe the third quarter actually starts on Friday. In other things, they are struggling like:

A consistent boarding process is implemented across Continental and United.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.