Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated ZRH connection time/logistics/lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated ZRH connection time/logistics/lounges

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2021, 9:47 am
Suspended

Location: United States (mostly), New Zealand (sometimes), Sweden (now and then)
The Chase one-time pass won't give you lounge access at ZRH.
You will have free lounge access based on your incoming business class flight.

These threads in the Swiss forum probably offers the best and up-to-date information regarding lounges at ZRH:

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

LX lounges restarting
Old Aug 16, 2021, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Welcome to FT!
Originally Posted by gres718
Will I have an access to any of lounges - free, paid or using my Chase United Club "one time pass"?
No, that's only valid at United Club locations, and there's no United Club at ZRH. With the economy departure, there's no lounge access unless you hold Star Alliance Gold status.
Originally Posted by DrinkSlinger
You will have free lounge access based on your incoming business class flight.
Unfortunately not. Star Alliance lounges are departure lounges.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:03 am
Suspended

Location: United States (mostly), New Zealand (sometimes), Sweden (now and then)
Originally Posted by Kacee
Unfortunately not. Star Alliance lounges are departure lounges.
You're correct. It's been so long since I've traveled and had time to visit a lounge, so I must have forgotten... (Most recent flights have included running or very quick walking from delayed incoming flights to the departure gate.)

From the Swiss forum:
Originally Posted by goliath
No airside lounge access based on your arriving business class boarding pass. Only if you have M&M SEN status.
United business doesn't give access to the Swiss arrival lounge either.

If the OP is willing to pay for lounge access, the cost is currently CHF 39.
https://www.swiss.com/se/en/book-and.../lounge-access
Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:26 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by DrinkSlinger
If the OP is willing to pay for lounge access, the cost is currently CHF 39.
https://www.swiss.com/se/en/book-and.../lounge-access
Not sure what the current offerings are, but in normal times I'd pay CHF 39 to access the E lounge for a 4+ hour layover. Not sure whether I'd pay that for A. Note E is only open limited hours right now. Swiss Lounges ZRH
tcdtcd likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 2:25 pm

Thank you for reply.
According to their website looks like SWISS has nothing open in "D" and only "Senator Lounge in E" open 8:00-14:00.
It is also a bit unclear if 39CHF "Business Lounge access voucher" would get me into Senator lounge in E as Business lounge in E is still closed.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 3:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gres718
It is also a bit unclear if 39CHF "Business Lounge access voucher" would get me into Senator lounge in E as Business lounge in E is still closed.
The Senator lounges that are currently open are denoted as "One Class Lounge," which I believe means that it is also open to people who would normally use the Business lounge. LH is operating in this way, having one type of lounge open for both Senator access and Business access groups.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 8:30 pm

Thank you for clearing it up!
Old Aug 16, 2021, 9:21 pm

The ZRH E Senator lounge is one of the nicer lounges anywhere.
SPN Lifer, jpezaris and tcdtcd like this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 2:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I assume the answer is no but would I get LX/Senator lounge access if I were to arrive in AC J and connect to EY J? I'm *G but since my flight from ZRH isn't *A, I wouldn't have access even though my first segment is in *A? Thanks all.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by throtter
I assume the answer is no but would I get LX/Senator lounge access if I were to arrive in AC J and connect to EY J? I'm *G but since my flight from ZRH isn't *A, I wouldn't have access even though my first segment is in *A? Thanks all.
Unless there’s something I’m unaware of, *A lounge access for *G members is strictly for *A departing flights.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Gold
Which Lounge in ZRH?

We are flying the first week of May, ZRH-EWR-TPA in Polaris Business.

What lounge do y'all recommend in Zurich that we will have access to and is/will be open?

Thanks.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ron50

What lounge do y'all recommend in Zurich that we will have access to and is/will be open?

Thanks.
The Swiss business lounge above the E gates is very nice, with outdoor seating and great views on a sunny day.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Ron50

Thanks.
Originally Posted by cesco.g
The Swiss business lounge above the E gates is very nice, with outdoor seating and great views on a sunny day.
Agreed. I was just there a week or so ago. Lounge was very nice. Made to order food options, along with some buffet setup. All high quality. Great coffee machines,

Very spacious balcony running the length of the lounge, with great runway views. Also, a dedicated "Whiskey Club", if you are so inclined.

cesco.g likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Gold
cesco.g goodeats21

Thank you. Is the lounge you are referring to the Senator Lounge E or is it the Swiss Business Lounge E? Or are they the same?

I had read somewhere that the business lounges were not open and that for now the Senator lounges were the only Swiss lounge option?

Sorry, it is my first time in ZRH.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 7:32 am

Wow, they restocked the Whisky Bar again.. that was quick.. and seems it’s open all-day again..

seems someone at LX did got the memo..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.