Wiki Posts
Search

Ua 1411: Den-cle-lax-ewr?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2011, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Ua 1411: Den-cle-lax-ewr?

Was looking at flights from DEN-EWR in August and noticed this bizarre routing: UA 1411 (operated by a CO 738) flies Denver-Cleveland-Los Angeles-Newark. On Saturday, you can take UA 1611 -- another direct flight DEN-EWR -- which files Denver-Houston-Seattle-Newark. Each takes around 14 hours.

I feel terrible for the inexperienced flyer who books this trip online and ends up touring the country before getting to EWR!
Old May 31, 2011, 11:28 am

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Similar to the ORD-STT-SJU-IAD flight (not sure if STT os SJU is 1st stop). I booked someone on it durring irrops last week, and when I looked at the total journey time, I realized my error and found a more direct "direct" routing.
Old May 31, 2011, 11:34 am

I've noticed it too. Alot of the flights are having bizarre routings. For example 1880 used to originate in SEA and would go to EWR, now starting around July I believe 1880 will go IAH-SEA-EWR. As for the round about den-ewr routing, if there's a crew change along the way, the passengers would have to get off while the new crew does there security checks.
Old May 31, 2011, 11:40 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cmhua777
Was looking at flights from DEN-EWR in August and noticed this bizarre routing: UA 1411 (operated by a CO 738) flies Denver-Cleveland-Los Angeles-Newark. On Saturday, you can take UA 1611 -- another direct flight DEN-EWR -- which files Denver-Houston-Seattle-Newark. Each takes around 14 hours.
Did this actually price out? Is it bookable? If so, maybe some more details. A few of us would be happy to 'tour the country'.
Old May 31, 2011, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hobo13
Did this actually price out? Is it bookable? If so, maybe some more details. A few of us would be happy to 'tour the country'.
It is bookable, though I can't get it to price on .bomb. Travelocity pulls it up no problem. Since it books as a direct fight, however, you will only get the non-stop miles between DEN-EWR despite the long jaunt.
Old May 31, 2011, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
Over the weekend during the infamous disappearing and reappearing seat assignments and renumbering of flights, one leg of my roundtrip CLE-MCO and back in a couple months got renumbered. Now both the CLE-MCO and the MCO-CLE are CO 1461! Wonder if you could book CLE to CLE for zero miles net! :P

(Yes, you can actually even book both 1461s for the same date; who knows if it's actually on the same plane though. I've been on flights on US with one number and a stop at PIT back in the day that ended up involving a plane change, sometimes even to a different type like from a 737 to a F-100 back then! Yes, a light load was involved and it was open seating on the second leg.)
Old May 31, 2011, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
It is bookable, though I can't get it to price on .bomb. Travelocity pulls it up no problem. Since it books as a direct fight, however, you will only get the non-stop miles between DEN-EWR despite the long jaunt.
I believe that UA is now giving miles based on the actual trip.

See this thread.

Last edited by hobo13; May 31, 2011 at 1:43 pm
Old May 31, 2011, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hobo13
I believe that UA is now giving miles based on the actual trip.

See this thread.
Thanks for sharing that. If you get the per-segment miles this flight should net 5700 miles.
Old May 31, 2011, 3:20 pm

Thanks for sharing that. If you get the per-segment miles this flight should net 5700 miles.
It's still not obvious that this will earn the full miles. It was pointed out to me that UA operated flights credited to UA earn the full segment miles. But these will be CO operated flights credited to UA.

Anybody have a definitive answer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.