Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Continental President Plus Visa and EQM

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2011, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA, MR, SWRR, SPG, HH
Ive read this thread through, and am not sure if my question has been answered (apologies if it has).

I fly UA, and use a UA MP Visa Signature card for daily purchases and some of my business travel, mainly hotels. All of my other travel expenses go on my Diners Club corporate card, including all my flights for work. (2-3 flights a month).

I was looking at possibly upgrading my MP Visa card to the Club card, for the ability to boost my EQM and receive RCC access. But with whats been said about this CO Pres+ card, am I better off applying for this?
Old Aug 19, 2011, 5:12 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by snic
Good point. The way I view it, though, after a few years of earning 54,000 miles per year, I have enough miles to take my family on overseas vacations in C or F (even after using some of the miles I earn from flying for upgrades).
Exactly my goal. I've already got enough miles for 2 x RTW flights in coach. Working on getting that to Business.

Originally Posted by Akissinger
I fly UA, and use a UA MP Visa Signature card for daily purchases and some of my business travel, mainly hotels. All of my other travel expenses go on my Diners Club corporate card, including all my flights for work. (2-3 flights a month).

I was looking at possibly upgrading my MP Visa card to the Club card, for the ability to boost my EQM and receive RCC access. But with whats been said about this CO Pres+ card, am I better off applying for this?
AFAIK the "Club Card" no longer exists, but the CO Pres+ gives club access. Which is silly with CO going away. They should rename this one the UA Club card! Anyway...

Given that you charge your hotels to your airline card, the Pres+ gives double miles for that so it looks like a good deal. Does your company force you to use your Diners Club for flights?
Old Aug 20, 2011, 9:28 am

Programs: UA, MR, SWRR, SPG, HH
I didn't think the Club Card still existed either, until I spoke with Chase services this week about my existing UA MP Signature card, and the girl mentioned that I could upgrade my account to a Club Card.

Our corporate Diners card gives enhanced insurance coverage on flights and rental cars, they usually insist that anything (except cash expenses) be charged to our DC. I recently convinced them that hotels need not be charged the same way, with my alterior motive being more miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.