Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What would you do BDL-EZE, with miles

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2011, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

What would you do BDL-EZE, with miles

I have about 130k UA miles. I would like to go BDL-EZE and back for 10 nights there sometime between June 26 and July 25.

Last year I went with a 55k round trip ticket on UA metal, those don't seem to be available. I can go with 27.5k and come back with 55k on bdl-iad-eze-iad-bdl, which is the ideal routing for this trip.

I'm unable to find *A partner option on united.com, but on co.com i found that i could potentially go bdl-iad-eze on UA for 27.5 and come back on CO-UA metal EZE-DFW-IAD-BDL, although it's quite long, but i can get that for 50k and in businessfirst. however, businessfirst on the CO 767-200 doesn't appear to be that good from the pics i found online, and the dates aren't that convenient.

i know AC could work BDL-santiago chile-toronto-bdl, but it's not showing up in the search, so maybe not available.

could someone with more familiarity with going to EZE on *A suggests some other options or searches i should do, and where i should do them?
Old May 12, 2011, 8:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

You are correct that the CO 767 BF is a rather sub-par product. More or less consistent with the old UA C. I would still fly that if it wasa choice between it and Y for the same number of points.

If you are going to fly Y anyways you can also look at EZE-PTY-IAD-BDL and the Copa flights, though you would have to transfer the UA points to CO to redeem the CM award right now. It is a couple long flights in a 738, but coach is coach for the most part.

For searching the AC option I think co.com should work though you might have to break it into segments rather than just EZE-BDL.
Old May 12, 2011, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

You are correct that the CO 767 BF is a rather sub-par product. More or less consistent with the old UA C. I would still fly that if it wasa choice between it and Y for the same number of points.

If you are going to fly Y anyways you can also look at EZE-PTY-IAD-BDL and the Copa flights, though you would have to transfer the UA points to CO to redeem the CM award right now. It is a couple long flights in a 738, but coach is coach for the most part.

For searching the AC option I think co.com should work though you might have to break it into segments rather than just EZE-BDL.
Interesting, how can I actually look at availability of the CM route possibility?
Old May 12, 2011, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dpakman91
Interesting, how can I actually look at availability of the CM route possibility?
Call the Elite line, as i assume you're matched, if you have elite status, as Golds/Plats get slightly better availability and phone charges are waived.

(Copa is *A as of November 2010, but not sure the ANA trick works for them).
http://www.copaair.com/sites/CC/en/O...-Alliance.aspx

I'm seeing for your dates:

6/26: BDL-IAD-EZE, 27.5K

7/3: EZE-IAH-IAD-BDL 27.5K

You could also fly out of EWR -

7/3: EZE-IAH-EWR 27.5K
Old May 12, 2011, 12:00 pm

It shows on co.com or you can call.
Old May 12, 2011, 1:20 pm

I have about 130k UA miles. I would like to go BDL-EZE and back for 10 nights there sometime between June 26 and July 25.

Last year I went with a 55k round trip ticket on UA metal, those don't seem to be available. I can go with 27.5k and come back with 55k on bdl-iad-eze-iad-bdl, which is the ideal routing for this trip.

I'm unable to find *A partner option on united.com, but on co.com i found that i could potentially go bdl-iad-eze on UA for 27.5 and come back on CO-UA metal EZE-DFW-IAD-BDL, although it's quite long, but i can get that for 50k and in businessfirst. however, businessfirst on the CO 767-200 doesn't appear to be that good from the pics i found online, and the dates aren't that convenient.

i know AC could work BDL-santiago chile-toronto-bdl, but it's not showing up in the search, so maybe not available.

could someone with more familiarity with going to EZE on *A suggests some other options or searches i should do, and where i should do them?
Are your dates flexible?
Old May 12, 2011, 1:54 pm

Programs: AC SE, BA silver
Originally Posted by aacharya
(Copa is *A as of November 2010, but not sure the ANA trick works for them).
http://www.copaair.com/sites/CC/en/O...-Alliance.aspx
Copa is not a *A member yet. They started the integration process in November 2010. Early 2012 is an optimistic estimate for actual *A entrance.
Old May 12, 2011, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sbm12

if the OP is a UA 3P or higher then they can fly in E+ and if I had to fly in Coach E+ is where I want to be, if the OP doesnt ahve any status to get E+ then I would whatever
Old May 12, 2011, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by craz
if the OP is a UA 3P or higher then they can fly in E+ and if I had to fly in Coach E+ is where I want to be, if the OP doesnt ahve any status to get E+ then I would whatever
And I'd fly in the AC Y product over UA E+ every time if I have a connection anyways. It is all relative, I suppose.
Old May 13, 2011, 11:41 am
Original Poster

I called the Mileage Plus phone number and it was a nightmare. The agent was almost totally incompetent and claimed there are just "no flights with miles" on many of my dates, period, which is obviously just not true, there are countless flights with different partners and UA on every day, the question is how many miles do I want to use.

It really is amazing the level of just not being able to do ANYTHING for customers. I mean literally i was not provided with a SINGLE piece of information during the 20 minute phone call beyond what I found out on my own looking at ua.com and co.com for 10 minutes. In fact, I came away being told stuff that, if i believe the rep, would be flat out incorrect about my options.

/rant

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.