Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Minimum Age to Enter United Club Alone? (without an accompanying adult)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum Age to Enter United Club Alone? (without an accompanying adult)

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2011, 12:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Noodle
My son (15) has never had a problem accessing any domestic or intl club rooms while traveling solo.
As a premium cabin/*G traveller or as a paid RCC member?
There is no specific age entry requirement I am aware of for RCC but there is an age requirement to become a paid RCC member or use one time pass.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mitch8002
Flew BF last year and was able to access the PC at IAH even though I was under 20, and alone. The woman at the counter just told me, "Be a good boy and don't get a drink from the bar."

The flight attendants, however, offered me a drink and not wanting to be rude accepted.

That being said, I'm 21 now so I don't have to worry about getting denied access.
I've accepted drinks in F on AA, US, and CO however both times I've tried to access a PC (IAH and AUS) with a paid US Club membership, I am turned away. It's a plain stupid rule since, like US, those clubs have manned bars. I hope the new UA keeps RCC's club rules.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
It's all about whether they have a self-service bar. My daughter went through this a lot at different clubs. Generally speaking though, if you are a member or flying C international, you can usually find an adult at the entrance who will sponsor you to get in.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 6:53 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Does anyone know where the thread is that has the full policy posted regarding allowing RCC members who are under 21 years of age to access the PC? I feel like AUS is going to once again try and deny me access.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 9:31 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by OPFlyer
Does anyone know where the thread is that has the full policy posted regarding allowing RCC members who are under 21 years of age to access the PC? I feel like AUS is going to once again try and deny me access.
I didn't know there was such a policy. I don't even try in AUS anymore (though I'm a US club member, it shouldnt matter).

Are you sure you're not referring to the thread where the policy which states *G members on an international itinerary may use the PC club without regard to their age as long as they are 18+?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by OPFlyer
I've tried this in the past, and have been denied. On one occasion, the CO matron felt as though she should watch me for my entire visit The UA rep in the PC agreed that her behavior was very unprofessional.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Minimum age to access lounge?

My 13 y/o son is A3 *G and will be traveling MHT-IAD-DFW in June. He has a 1.5 hour layover at IAD. Will he be allowed lounge access? I've searched high and low and can't find any definite age requirement for entry (other than you have to be 21 to buy a paid membership). If he can't get in the UC, what about the LH lounge in Terminal B? Thanks for any info!
Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:31 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
He can enter the lounge as a *G in IAD, age doesn't matter, he's *G
Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:31 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Don't know the official policy, but here's what I'd do:

Tell him to find a random dude in the terminal and offer to 'guest' him into the lounge if he'll 'chaperone' him. He's allowed 1 guest, so it's within the rules.

Originally Posted by dinoscool3
I seem to recall Lucky used to have trouble with the dragons in IAD. Probably before your time.....

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 25, 2012 at 9:36 am Reason: merge
Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:34 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by hobo13
I seem to recall Lucky used to have trouble with the dragons in IAD. Probably before your time.....

Sure he'd have trouble, but they should let him in. Unless there's an open bar.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Air Miles
some underage musician in the AC forum has always been denied access because of open bar..and he is super elite on AC..highest tier. even after he wrote the company for compensation, the response was quite unapologetic. i guess the airline would get into a lot of problems with the authorities with letting an underage person into a lounge with open bar.not sure about lounges with a bartender.why don't you call them and ask?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: UA GS, AA CK, DL PLT, HH DIA, MARRIOTT PLT, FAIRMONT LT PLT, HYATT DIA, SIXT PLT, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by hobo13
Don't know the official policy, but here's what I'd do:

Tell him to find a random dude in the terminal and offer to 'guest' him into the lounge if he'll 'chaperone' him. He's allowed 1 guest, so it's within the rules.

They wont let him in find an adult guest!
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by benolaa
They wont let him in find an adult guest!
Re-read my post.

I'm saying he finds an adult guest outside in the terminal!
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:13 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ents-club.html
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:22 am

Programs: UA 1PP MM
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
don't you have to be flying on an Intl itinerary to use your *G?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.