Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated CPU on Awards for UA Premiers Who Hold An Eligible Chase/UA CC {ARCHIVE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated CPU on Awards for UA Premiers Who Hold An Eligible Chase/UA CC {ARCHIVE}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Can't believe this known issue is still a problem. Just checked in for a flight booked in XN, and I'm not on the wait list (nor was I upgraded days out). Called an agent and spoke/waited for 45+ minutes and the agent (and supervisor) told me that these upgrades were only processed at the airport. They tried to be helpful, but didn't understand (or couldn't find the information presented in a *clear* manner) that these tickets were eligible for upgrade as other CPUs.

Frustrating.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA/CO, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by kdhith
Can't believe this known issue is still a problem. Just checked in for a flight booked in XN, and I'm not on the wait list (nor was I upgraded days out). Called an agent and spoke/waited for 45+ minutes and the agent (and supervisor) told me that these upgrades were only processed at the airport. They tried to be helpful, but didn't understand (or couldn't find the information presented in a *clear* manner) that these tickets were eligible for upgrade as other CPUs.

Frustrating.
Yep, it's really hit or miss with these award tickets. For a data point I have never had big issues with it. Yes, the lack of transparency is ridiculous, but I do have some assurances that the process is working (at least for me) ie. flight out Friday has not been upgraded but return flight on Sunday just cleared at 96 hours.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kdhith

Frustrating.
The auto upgrade process IS working for the award tickets, BUT if you don't get the auto upgrade, it isn't going to happen and you generally will never be on the waitlist....it's not gonna happen "at the airport".
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
The auto upgrade process IS working for the award tickets, BUT if you don't get the auto upgrade, it isn't going to happen and you generally will never be on the waitlist....it's not gonna happen "at the airport".
If you find the right agent, it can happen at the airport. But it's a crap shoot.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DeaconFlyer
If you find the right agent, it can happen at the airport. But it's a crap shoot.
True, and your chances go waaaaaaaaay up if you ask at an ex-Presidents Club...the agents at the UA Club don't know how do it.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
I have a saver award ticket NRT-TPE soon, and my seat was upgraded 96 hours before departure.
That's great, but it's sad to see this route will be cancelled soon
Old Oct 23, 2012, 4:18 am

Programs: UA Platinum Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
And this also works for International Awards?? Sounds like just a good a solution as the Upgrades, and I can save them for Lufthansa flights maybe?
Old Oct 23, 2012, 4:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by ytjk
And this also works for International Awards?? Sounds like just a good a solution as the Upgrades, and I can save them for Lufthansa flights maybe?
only CPU eligible routes and only UA metal.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 5:33 am

Are any int'l routes cpu eligible? I thought only domestic...
Old Oct 23, 2012, 5:58 am

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by hellyea
Are any int'l routes cpu eligible? I thought only domestic...
Yes US->CANADA/US-> Central America as well as some intra-asia routes iirc.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Yep. That's exactly what happened to me.
When I missed my upgrades at T-96, I never saw my name on the upgrade waitlist.
I was upgraded at T-96 twice, but I wasn't even on the upgrade waitlist when I missed my upgrade at T-96 6 times.
This is very consistent.
I think UA is not even trying to fix the issue...
Old Oct 26, 2012, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Didn't get upgrade at 1k window for Saturday flight and name didn't appear on wait list after checking in today. A call to 1k line got me on list at #1 (still at #1), but it looks like I'm getting killed by ToDs.

Update
11 seats available T-24. Guessing 2 GS or 1k on fare and 6 ToDs moved up in next 12 hours, leaving 3 seats available. Two on list (incl. me) were upgraded 8 hours out, leaving 1 open for last minute assignment this morning.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Oct 27, 2012 at 5:40 am
Old Nov 1, 2012, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Didn't get upgrade at 1k window for Saturday flight and name didn't appear on wait list after checking in today. A call to 1k line got me on list at #1 (still at #1), but it looks like I'm getting killed by ToDs.

Update
11 seats available T-24. Guessing 2 GS or 1k on fare and 6 ToDs moved up in next 12 hours, leaving 3 seats available. Two on list (incl. me) were upgraded 8 hours out, leaving 1 open for last minute assignment this morning.

Same issue here -- upgrades cleared for 3 out of 5 segments. 2 segments not upgraded are checked in for, but not on u/g list. So far 2 calls to the 1K desk, and they said to wait.

I explained to them that the last time this happened, everyone on the phone blew me off like this and told me to deal with it at the airport. At the airport they got into a SHARES huddle (3 agents squinting over a green screen typing furiously with one on the phone) and nothing ever got done until I had to run to catch my flight.

I guess I'll just waste more of their time by calling to get on the list.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:05 pm

Programs: Previously 5 year AS Gold 75, UA MM Lifetime Gold
The auto upgrade process IS working for the award tickets...
Yes it is. My son, no status but on an award ticket from my account (TLV-SFO), just got upgraded on the EWR-SFO leg Saturday morning.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 2:30 pm

Consolidated CPU on Awards for UA Premiers Who Hold An Eligible Chase/UA CC

I have a business class flight booked with my mileage awards. Is it possible to request an upgrade to first class at the gate? I have been upgraded several times in the past but it was all with paid tickets.

also, could I use my miles or pay money to upgrade myself to first?

thanks.

Last edited by J.Edward; Jul 31, 2014 at 4:05 pm Reason: clarify title

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.