Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Questions Regarding Upcoming Europe Trip on LH (Lounges, What to Do, etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2011, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA - Plat; Marriott - Plat; Hertz - 5*

Hey All, Few questions... I am flying from BOS to EDI, connecting through FRA and coming back from BCN connecting through MUC to BOS. All on Lufthansa.

1. Lounge Access, I'm flying Business and I am CO Plat with a purchased Pres Club Membership... do I have access to the Senator Lounges or only the Business Lounges? Whats the difference anyways?
2. I have an 8 hour Layover in MUC, never been there... is there enough time to take a train into the city and hang out for a while? or am I better off just staying in the airport?

Thanks

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 18, 2011 at 10:11 am Reason: vague thread title
Old Apr 18, 2011, 10:07 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by bjamin82
Lounge Access, I'm flying Business and I am CO Plat with a purchased Pres Club Membership... do I have access to the Senator Lounges or only the Business Lounges? Whats the difference anyways?
Lounge access via your Buisness Class ticket will give you access to the LH Business Class Lounge in MUC. Lounge Access via your Star Alliance Gold elite status will give you access to the LH Senator Lounge or the Business Class Lounge.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...s-vs-ftls.html

Do remember to bring your CO Plat card; LH agents are notorious for insisting on seeing a card to validate elite status before granting entrance to the Senator Lounges.

I have an 8 hour Layover in MUC, never been there... is there enough time to take a train into the city and hang out for a while? or am I better off just staying in the airport?
This is probably best asked in the Germany Forum where there are helpful members such as this one:

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 18, 2011 at 10:15 am
Old Apr 18, 2011, 10:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

1. Lounge Access, I'm flying Business and I am CO Plat with a purchased Pres Club Membership... do I have access to the Senator Lounges or only the Business Lounges? Whats the difference anyways?
Your Platinum status gets you into the Senator lounges; the other credentials would only get you the Business lounges. The sen lounges have slightly upgraded food offerings and slightly more comfortable chairs. Otherwise not much of a difference.

2. I have an 8 hour Layover in MUC, never been there... is there enough time to take a train into the city and hang out for a while? or am I better off just staying in the airport?
Plenty of time. Figure 45-60 minutes each way on the S-Bahn so about 4-5 hours to tool around in town.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA - Plat; Marriott - Plat; Hertz - 5*
Thanks for the info... The stopover link is dead it appears. Also, on my way to EDI, my layover in FRA is 4 hours... any thoughts?
Old Apr 18, 2011, 10:42 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Thanks for the info... The stopover link is dead it appears. Also, on my way to EDI, my layover in FRA is 4 hours... any thoughts?
You could try going into town, but probably not worth it. Camp out in one of the Senator lounges and read the newspapers. Skip breakfast on the plane and eat in the lounge. You don't really have enough time for a proper trip into town, especially in a place like FRA.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 10:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

With 4 hours in FRA I'd stay in the lounge for a shower.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
With 4 hours in FRA I'd stay in the lounge for a shower.
On that note, at FRA, the OP would be allowed into the Welcome Lounge.

Might be easier to score a shower there if it is open...
Old Apr 18, 2011, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
On that note, at FRA, the OP would be allowed into the Welcome Lounge.

Might be easier to score a shower there if it is open...
I almost missed that.

Additional regulations
Passengers of United Airlines (First and Business Class and Global Services cardholders) and Continental Airlines (Business Class) are entitled to use the Welcome Lounge on landing at Frankfurt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.