Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding sequence question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2011, 5:41 pm
Formerly known as billinaz
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
Boarding sequence question

Im flying a with a connection, PHX-IAH-JAX

On the PHX-IAH and IAH-PHX portion Im in first, but for the other two legs Im in a barbie jet.

Can I board with the first group when connecting to/from a first class seat?

Can a traveling companion board with me even though he is in coach?
Old Apr 17, 2011, 8:42 pm

Your BP should have elite access stamped on it, so yes u should be able to board the erj with the 1st call, also I believe your friend will be able to board with u, jus let the agents knw ur traveling together.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Seriously, there's no reason to try to board first. You want as little time in the ERJ as possible, and there's hardly any overhead space to fight over.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
All the standard EliteAccess rules apply on regional flights, so there will be an EA call first, prior to the call by row number. As long as your BP says EliteAccess, you will be able to board with the first call. That said, I agree with the previous post - the only reason you'd want to board an RJ early is if you're in a window and the flight is full.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 1:06 pm
Formerly known as billinaz
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
Yes I am booked into a window seat, and the plane shows full.

Hopefully the BP has elite access on it ( since I have first seats, it should) and we can board together.

Thanks for your knowledge!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.