Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Fee Changes - Eff. Jun. 15, 2011

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2012, 9:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
It's a pain , but I'd rather pay $75 than $1000 for a last minute economy ticket ,
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:59 pm

Programs: DL-GM, AS-MVPG, TK Elite, UA, AA, HH, SPG, PC (Starbucks Gold)
Originally Posted by Uaflyer710
It's a pain , but I'd rather pay $75 than $1000 for a last minute economy ticket ,
Yes, but I'd still rather pay the $5 on AS.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by kstew
Yes, but I'd still rather pay the $5 on AS.
Except that's not the choice.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 11:41 am

Programs: All of them...
MileagePuls Award changes fee

I see on United.com that

PHP Code:
  Addingchanging or deleting a connection21 days or more prior to departure No fee No fee No fee No fee 
But

PHP Code:
Changing the cabinaward type, or changing a flight to a different airlineregardless of departure date $75 $50 $25 No fee 
In my eyes changing a stopover invloves other flights which based on line its free 21 days out, but on the other ahnd it has a fee, can someone help me out? If I book now a ticket but seats open up on an othe airline (same orgin and dest.) will I be charged? (I'm not an elite)
Old Jul 5, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by chff
In my eyes changing a stopover invloves other flights which based on line its free 21 days out, but on the other ahnd it has a fee, can someone help me out? If I book now a ticket but seats open up on an othe airline (same orgin and dest.) will I be charged? (I'm not an elite)
If you change airlines there is going to be a fee...the rules make that clear. If you remain on the same airline, keep the same origin & destination, but simply make a change to your connection point (or change to a nonstop) that's when there is no fee.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 2:52 pm

I believe United used to have a rule (like American) where you had to use an award ticket within one year of when it was booked.

On April 10, 2012 I booked a flight for March 8,2013. I just changed the March 8,2013 flight to May 25,2013 ( same route) at no charge , seems you can also do this online wthout calling now.

I believe in the past that the ticket had to be used by April 10, 2013. It didn't even hit me until after I made the change and saw the May 25, 2013 flight date with an April 10,2012 booking date.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by chff
I see on United.com that

PHP Code:
  Addingchanging or deleting a connection21 days or more prior to departure No fee No fee No fee No fee 
But

PHP Code:
Changing the cabinaward type, or changing a flight to a different airlineregardless of departure date $75 $50 $25 No fee 
I actually didn't know about this change until today and the agent quoted me the $25. I thought it was still the wild west and "make any changes aside from origin/dest more than 21 days out and no charge". Ah well, good to know. Guess I can't make changes piecemeal anymore!
Old Jul 5, 2012, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I was under the impression that routing changes were always free 21 days prior to departure. Did something change recently?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.