Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA HQ staying Chicago for a while...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2011, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA, AA, HH, MR
Originally Posted by SeaRaptor
I would agree. Domestically things may re-shuffle some, but internationally IAH's CO schedule is fairly limited outside of South America (2xLHR, CDG, AMS, FRA, NRT). I expect the 787 to open that up somewhat; they've already announced AKL and LOS, I suspect that's just the beginning.

This would be brilliant. KE already operates DFW-ICN, so it's certainly achievable with the right aircraft.
Routes thrown out by CO execs (at least LK) were IAH-MAD, IAH-FRA, and possibly IAH-MXP/FCO. Seems like the 787 was mentioned in the same story. We already have FRA....

DFW has a large Korean population, thus KE flying there. I am surprised, though, that there's not an IAH-ICN operated by at least someone.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by ande777emt
ICN-IAH has been discussed as OZ's role in *A is growing and in the future will probably result in a JV and/or increased increased service to ICN on OZ/UACO as the role S. Korea plays in many industries is ever increasing.
Doubtful ICN-IAH is going to happen anytime soon. CO focus to start IAH-SYD more than anything else currently. OZ certainly will NOT even think about it, as no extra 772 can fly the route. If OZ truly want IAH, it would happen years ago when KE flies into DFW.

Originally Posted by SeaRaptor
This would be brilliant. KE already operates DFW-ICN, so it's certainly achievable with the right aircraft.
Well it can only achieve by 747 or 772. OZ for sure is not going to use 747 to IAH, and there are no extra 772 for another new route, no more additional 772 deliver anythime this year either.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Doubtful ICN-IAH is going to happen anytime soon. CO focus to start IAH-SYD more than anything else currently.
I was under the impression that the announced IAH-AKL route was at the outer envelope of the 787's range. Is IAH-SYD even possible?

OZ certainly will NOT even think about it, as no extra 772 can fly the route. If OZ truly want IAH, it would happen years ago when KE flies into DFW.
If true, that's a shame. The amount of shipbuilding at Korea's 3 main yards is ever-increasing. A non-stop on this route would be welcome.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 7:38 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Topic alert:

UA HQ staying Chicago for a while...

We should strive to stay on-topic, please.

iluv2fly
Moderator, UA
Old Apr 14, 2011, 7:43 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan, UA Mileage Plus, DL SkyMiles
Originally Posted by channa
I think he counted Guam. He just forgot CLE.
It's okay, anyone would overlook CLE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.