FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   The Penalty Box (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1200295-penalty-box.html)

notabob May 20, 2011 8:36 am

Originally Posted by PSU Mudder (Post 16419853)
Morning Box.

You know how back when you were young and hadn't yet experienced the world how you were nervous about going someplace out of your comfort zone? Could've been someone growing up in a rural area traveling to the city for the first time or vice versa? First time in a country where you didn't speak the language? Until you became more sophisticated, your inner voice had already told you how they were going to beat and kidnap you and you'd never make it out alive?

That's how this sometimes silver, sometimes not, feels about an upcoming trip on UA to SFO with all of the 1Ks running around.

Just stay off my carpet... :D

Steph3n May 20, 2011 9:18 am

So when will it start raining instead of blanketing me with sweatidity out here?

notabob May 20, 2011 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Steph3n (Post 16420141)
So when will it start raining instead of blanketing me with sweatidity out here?

Right after the rapture ends, and the looting ^ starts! :cool:

So, tomorrow evening.

Pa Kettle May 20, 2011 9:49 am

Courtesy of TexasYankee:

http://www.texasmonthly.com/bbqfestival/

Note: Don't get too excited. Ticket sales don't begin until June 8th. ;)

Flyer_70 May 20, 2011 11:46 am

Good afternoon Box.

photog72 May 20, 2011 12:30 pm

What's better than BBQ Thursday? BBQ Friday, and the boss is buying from Luling City Market. :D^ Looking forward to my brisket.

Pa Kettle May 20, 2011 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by photog72 (Post 16421394)
What's better than BBQ Thursday? BBQ Friday, and the boss is buying from Luling City Market. :D^ Looking forward to my brisket.

Not sure about BBQ Friday being any better than BBQ Thursday or any other BBQ (insert day of week here), but free definitely makes it tops. ;)

We tried to go to Franklin BBQ yesterday. Got there at 1:15 PM and they were already sold out. :td: :( He says they made 600 lbs. of meat and sold it all in less than two hours. :eek:

I am definitely in the wrong business. :rolleyes:

So, we ended up at the Ironworks and they did not disappoint. ^

GTITAN May 20, 2011 1:07 pm

Howdy B:rolleyes:x Classic III. Hope everyone is enjoying a great Friday!

photog72 May 20, 2011 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Pa Kettle (Post 16421597)
Not sure about BBQ Friday being any better than BBQ Thursday or any other BBQ (insert day of week here), but free definitely makes it tops. ;)

We tried to go to Franklin BBQ yesterday. Got there at 1:15 PM and they were already sold out. :td: :( He says they made 600 lbs. of meat and sold it all in less than two hours. :eek:

I am definitely in the wrong business. :rolleyes:

So, we ended up at the Ironworks and they did not disappoint. ^

What meant to say is that BBQ Friday is better than BBQ Thursday just because 'twas free. ^ Otherwise, they're equal.

notabob May 20, 2011 7:39 pm

The fiance is at a girls shindig down on the Cape for the weekend. Time to bachelor it up!

ande777emt May 20, 2011 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by notabob (Post 16423478)
The fiance is at a girls shindig down on the Cape for the weekend. Time to bachelor it up!

Enjoy your freedom for the weekend.

snod08 May 21, 2011 3:18 am

Early Good morning B:rolleyes:x.

Home of the ^

GTITAN May 21, 2011 6:51 am

Originally Posted by snod08 (Post 16424473)
Early Good morning B:rolleyes:x.

Home of the ^

Indeed it is Sir!^^ Morning All!

sbm12 May 21, 2011 7:22 am

The sun is ^. Time to plan my relaxation. Seems like an oxymoron there, but I shall do it anyways.

SFOTerry May 21, 2011 7:32 am

Good morning. For the last time. :rolleyes: