FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   The Penalty Box (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1200295-penalty-box.html)

ande777emt May 17, 2011 2:04 am

Originally Posted by stallion114 (Post 16398056)
Got a choice of 20% off any ticket or $75 ecert for a Mech delay that caused overnight in IAD due to missed connection. I asked for compensation when the UA employee printed my hotel voucher.
Which should I take, may or may not be doing an intl trip on UA for the 20%.

Can you stack % off with VDBs or ecerts?

Someone just advise which to take as I have been waiting for weeks to decide and want to do it tonight before I forget and it expires.

I'd go with sbm12 and say the 20%, especially if you're planning a TATL or Int'l C/F trip sometime soon.

SFOSpiff May 17, 2011 3:50 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16398409)
I'd take the 20% over $75.

Ugh, definitely. 20% was a hard choice when the e-certs were $300-$400, but now it's a slam-dunk. They're probably hoping most people will use them for a cheap domestic flight. I'll take that gamble.

snod08 May 17, 2011 5:01 am

Hello B:rolleyes:x.

Yesterday was a real nice day. ^
Spent with great friends.

About 20 of us went to the Union Trust Steakhouse in PHL. Three Vegetarians in the group. (LOL).
But, the veggie sides were humongous and pretty awesome.

The meat eaters cleaned their plates totally.
So, this is a good(great) place for food.

The Ambience was excellent as well. We stayed till they had to close the doors past midnight.

GTITAN May 17, 2011 5:48 am

Good Morning Classic B:rolleyes:x III.:-:

Steph3n May 17, 2011 7:38 am

Originally Posted by notabob (Post 16394325)
Welcome back! Long time no talk. How's the butter churning coming along?

wowser the dead have awoken!!

I think this fly got stuck in the cream, made butter, ate it all and left me trapped in the can. I am waiting on someone to open the jar and let me out now.

Steph3n May 17, 2011 7:41 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16396188)
The ability to change routing has always existed in the CO system. No need to screw the 24 hour window just to get to that point.

I've changed routing a few times, normally to shorter routing, bypassing IAH to go to EWR directly etc.

it normally takes a phone call if a low level person doing it, but the supervisors can do it with no issue, this is normally at DFW so maybe it is a training matter, I am not sure :)

notabob May 17, 2011 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Steph3n (Post 16400636)
wowser the dead have awoken!!

I think this fly got stuck in the cream, made butter, ate it all and left me trapped in the can. I am waiting on someone to open the jar and let me out now.

Sounds very Kafka-ish...

GTITAN May 17, 2011 2:31 pm

Teh :rolleyes: and teh stoopid are strong today here and elsewhere.:rolleyes:

snod08 May 17, 2011 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by GTITAN (Post 16403197)
Teh :rolleyes: and teh stoopid are strong today here and elsewhere.:rolleyes:

Absolutely.
Is it a full moon?

GTITAN May 17, 2011 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by snod08 (Post 16403230)
Absolutely.
Is it a full moon?

Yes, there appears to be one today, but no, I think it is this end of the world thing predicted in a few days. Notice, the boarding process changes are almost at the exact same time? Oh, I smell conspiracy.

<Complete and total joke folks;)>

snod08 May 17, 2011 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by GTITAN (Post 16403245)
Yes, there appears to be one today, but no, I think it is this end of the world thing predicted in a few days. Notice, the boarding process changes are almost at the exact same time? Oh, I smell conspiracy.

<Complete and total joke folks;)>

i enjoyed that one! ^

I cant believe some of the :rolleyes:

Pa Kettle May 17, 2011 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by GTITAN (Post 16403245)
...I think it is this end of the world thing predicted in a few days...

:rolleyes: What happens when they wake up the next day right where they were when they went to sleep? Do they go back to their cave and re-calculate?

GTITAN May 17, 2011 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Pa Kettle (Post 16403350)
:rolleyes: What happens when they wake up the next day right where they were when they went to sleep? Do they go back to their cave and re-calculate?

Well they'll see that those of us (two steps ahead) procured all the free beer and bacon!:-::D

snod08 May 17, 2011 2:57 pm

They will probably blame that the rest of the world screwed up. And we are still alive.

Phudnik May 17, 2011 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by snod08 (Post 16400005)
About 20 of us went to the Union Trust Steakhouse in PHL. Three Vegetarians in the group. (LOL).
But, the veggie sides were humongous and pretty awesome.

Where is this place? And were the veggie sides the standard steakhouse fare (creamed spinach, asparagus, etc.)?

I believe the gentleman in question has predicted the end of the world before. I think the last time the world didn't end he blamed incorrect calculations.