FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   The Penalty Box (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1200295-penalty-box.html)

paranoiatx Jul 7, 2011 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Pa Kettle (Post 16687070)
It is BBQ Thursday. Be there or be square. That is all.

I was not square. And it was delicious! :D

Pa Kettle Jul 7, 2011 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by paranoiatx (Post 16688597)
I was not square. And it was delicious! :D

I have to admit that Rudy's was on their game today. That, or maybe I finally figured out how to order there. ;)

cheepneezy Jul 7, 2011 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by radonc1 (Post 16687993)
So I had my first surgery this morning. Bilateral hernia repair. General anesthesia is strange, since one moment you are staring at the ceiling lights, and the next moment you are in recovery. Mild pain right now but that may be the blessing of percoset :D

I should be functional by Monday.

Hope you have a speedy recovery! Vive la pain pills!:)

N830MH Jul 7, 2011 11:25 pm

I haven't read on the Penalty box for a long time and I am taking a break from the forum for a few days. I am still completely resting at home. Hope your days is doing great. The weather is very, very extremely hot last weekend. It was over 118 degrees. Yikes!

snod08 Jul 8, 2011 3:56 am

Originally Posted by N830MH (Post 16690603)
I haven't read on the Penalty box for a long time and I am taking a break from the forum for a few days. I am still completely resting at home. Hope your days is doing great. The weather is very, very extremely hot last weekend. It was over 118 degrees. Yikes!

Welcome Back!

radonc1 Jul 8, 2011 8:06 am

Rough night, up every 1-2 hours to go #1 which was not easy to do given the surgery site. Not much appetite but I am up and around. I have to admit being on the other side of the medical coin is eye opening but I will say it is amazing how caring all the ancillary staff are.

I am here all day. Rather be at work and feeling better.

sbm12 Jul 8, 2011 8:08 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Good night from Tokyo should be at the hotel shortly. Loving the convenience of Haneda right now!

paranoiatx Jul 8, 2011 10:39 am

As much as the UA fanboys love their 1K line, CO can still deliver better results:

UA 1K Line: I'm sorry sir, the computer says that's not a valid connection, you'll need to buy two reward tickets.
CO Plat Line: I'm sorry sir, the computer says that's not a valid connection, but I can override that for you. :)

This is to go AUS-ORD via LAX on a saver reward ticket.

El_Chiflero Jul 8, 2011 11:08 am

Originally Posted by paranoiatx (Post 16693009)
As much as the UA fanboys love their 1K line, CO can still deliver better results:

UA 1K Line: I'm sorry sir, the computer says that's not a valid connection, you'll need to buy two reward tickets.
CO Plat Line: I'm sorry sir, the computer says that's not a valid connection, but I can override that for you. :)

Sweet!

Mackieman Jul 8, 2011 11:39 am

That's pretty sweet.

snod08 Jul 8, 2011 12:15 pm

^

paranoiatx Jul 8, 2011 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Mackieman (Post 16693352)
That's pretty sweet.

There are quite a few very talented phone agents on the elite line. Some actually get a kick out of ticketing overly-complicated-but-technically-legal intl. award tickets that the default system just balks at.

Starwood Lurker Jul 8, 2011 3:23 pm

Oops. There goes the MP Box.

Mackieman Jul 8, 2011 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker (Post 16694848)
Oops. There goes the MP Box.

MP in general. Wonder if Amazon is having problems again, heh.

Trustguy Jul 8, 2011 3:31 pm

Reporting to bomb shelter...