Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EQM/EQP reset to ZERO. Happy New Year!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
Originally Posted by star_world
That's my EUA chances bumped up a little bit Have fun at DL!
Keep dinking the CLAID For every plat like me that leaves, theres a few dozen kettles filling my shoes. And guess what? When they get their tens of dollars UGs, they dont go on FT and tell about it. Meanwhile you will be standing at the gate waiting for your non existant UG have fun
Old Jan 1, 2011, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by giggy
Keep dinking the CLAID For every plat like me that leaves, theres a few dozen kettles filling my shoes. And guess what? When they get their tens of dollars UGs,
FYI, this aggressive buy-up program is coming to DL. Better stick with AA, that is, until they jump on the bandwagon too.

They aren't selling a $139 upgrade off a $59 fare unless the elites are already sitting up front. I have no problem losing an upgrade to someone who wants to pay more than me to get an F seat... my sense of entitlement isn't nearly so great.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by EWR764
FYI, this aggressive buy-up program is coming to DL. Better stick with AA, that is, until they jump on the bandwagon too.

I don't think we have enough details about the buy-up program at DL yet. It may be UA-style in that it's done at point of purchase only and for a significant premium.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)

They aren't selling a $139 upgrade off a $59 fare unless the elites are already sitting up front. I have no problem losing an upgrade to someone who wants to pay more than me to get an F seat... my sense of entitlement isn't nearly so great.
I AAM, AAlready have 10 transcons booked for jan and feb. I also dont think AA will join the bandwagon, they will add capacity and fill them up with thousands of disenfrancised NW-DL and UA-CO fliers, probably have some well targeted DEQM deals to help nudge folks over too.

Last edited by giggy; Jan 1, 2011 at 4:43 pm
Old Jan 1, 2011, 4:22 pm

they will add capacity and fill them up with thousands of disenfrancised NW and UA fliers, probably have some well targeted DEQM deals to help nudge folks over too.
I don't really understand this. AA isn't growing, they can't afford to, and in fact probably have the worst long-term outlook of the majors. Their massive MD-80 fleet isn't getting any more reliable, and it will be 10 years before enough 737-800s are in service to replace them. Their entertainment options are subpar, their international business class seat is angled-flat (with no concrete word for replacement/upgrades, just a lot of rumors), and they have nearly as many ERJs as CO.

Plus, if all the jilted ex-CO/UA elites suddenly migrate en masse to AA, how much better will the experience really be?
Old Jan 1, 2011, 4:38 pm

I don't really understand this. AA isn't growing, they can't afford to, and in fact probably have the worst long-term outlook of the majors. Their massive MD-80 fleet isn't getting any more reliable, and it will be 10 years before enough 737-800s are in service to replace them. Their entertainment options are subpar, their international business class seat is angled-flat (with no concrete word for replacement/upgrades, just a lot of rumors), and they have nearly as many ERJs as CO.

Plus, if all the jilted ex-CO/UA elites suddenly migrate en masse to AA, how much better will the experience really be?
For some it wont be a better experience. For me it works well. After 500k on AA, they have always delivered as promised, many times gone the extra mile, and they have NEVER lied to me or tap danced around an issue with some CO style technical BS.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 4:44 pm

For some it wont be a better experience. For me it works well. After 500k on AA, they have always delivered as promised, many times gone the extra mile, and they have NEVER lied to me or tap danced around an issue with some CO style technical BS.
Well, it seems like you're making the right decision. I'm glad they have delivered precisely as promised, every single time, without exception, ever.

Anyway, the buy-up system isn't terribly difficult to understand. Sure, CO's pricing on day-of-departure discounted upgrades is questionable (after elites have cleared, thereby negating the companion u/g benefit), but the fare-up system is reasonable on its face. Of course, it's much easier -- and more fun -- to ignore this reality and posit CO as an anti-consumerist, predatory entity more concerned with squeezing pennies out of once-a-year travelers than placating ornery elites...
Old Jan 1, 2011, 4:52 pm

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
My first flight of the year is on the 4th, so the grind will begin again shortly
Old Jan 1, 2011, 7:01 pm

Programs: *
for those stayng with onepass, do you credit your 2011 miles to onepass or mileage plus? does it matter?
Old Jan 1, 2011, 7:41 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ani90
for those stayng with onepass, do you credit your 2011 miles to onepass or mileage plus? does it matter?
It shouldn't matter since the miles will be combined when the FFPs are combined.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Sitting in the LAS PC. In Z for first flight of 2011 to CLE. Looks like I'll miss my first upgrade for CLE-EWR as I'm currently # 2 with one seat open. Happy New Year everyone!
Old Jan 2, 2011, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
I thought they weren't going to show YTD revenue figures any more? The site is now showing 2011 YTD Revenue.

Account Summary

2011 Year to Date Revenue (Jan.1 - Dec.31): $0.00

2011 Year To Date - Revenue Details
I don't see this...I still see the regular OP elite level, *A elite leve, EQMs and EQPs...
Old Jan 2, 2011, 3:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ani90
Originally Posted by controller1
It shouldn't matter since the miles will be combined when the FFPs are combined.
It certainly does matter - if you are CO Plat (for example) and start crediting to a UA MP account where you have no status, you will not receive the benefits from your CO status except for where those can be provided manually. For example, you will not easily be able to obtain E+ seating on UA, you will not be in the correct position on EUA / UDU waitlists, you'll be in boarding group X on UA flights, you won't get baggage allowance automatically from kiosks, etc.

Sure, the programs will be combined, but the answer to this question is that you should continue to stay with the program you have status on until then.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 4:12 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by joshwex90
I don't see this...I still see the regular OP elite level, *A elite leve, EQMs and EQPs...

The YTD spend is definitely there, but I believe you have to be Plat to see it.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
The YTD spend is definitely there, but I believe you have to be Plat to see it.
I don't know about that. xyzzy, like me, is Gold, yet he can see it, as per his Post #7...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.