Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

The Latest Liquor License Victim - HNL RCC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Latest Liquor License Victim - HNL RCC

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2012, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
The one from CO or the one from UA?
What's the difference? I don't see any anymore.

-David
Old Jul 7, 2012, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
What's the difference? I don't see any anymore.

-David
Except that my fork on my last BF flight still had "Continental" written on it.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 8:08 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by slippahs
While I can understand the delays with respect to construction, I think the whole "it's Hawaii, and you don't understand how we work" idea/mantra repeated above regarding the liquor license is a bunch of nonsense. The station manager probably forgot to fill in the renewal paperwork, or there's some unrelated violation with the City & County that's preventing them from renewing (maybe delinquency in taxes or some other failure to jump through the same red tape found with any other bureaucracy). My guess is that it's something more than the station manager giving a liquor commissioner stink eye on his/her last visit to the club or the failure of the station manager to slip a commissioner a $20 or a GPU.

Here's the info sheet that went out with all liquor license renewal apps this year: http://www1.honolulu.gov/liq/licensi...nstruction.pdf

Thank you. Much more informative than

Originally Posted by billxmeredith
Ha ha - yes, it is cryptic. That is the point. . . . It is hard to explain - you have to live here and well - live it.

. . . Live here and you'll know what I mean.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
It falls squarely in the hands of the HNL station manager. Who is he/she. The one from CO or the one from UA? That's who's fault it is.
Well, that's not what you said initially, and obviously that liquor license has been interrupted in the past, before CO was in the picture...

Originally Posted by Baze
Hmmm, don't see the letters CO anywhere in their post. All I can speculate from their post is maybe there were cuts and the license renewal just got missed.
Merely responding to another poster's dig on an airline that no longer exists.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AK Gold 75K, etc. etc.
last night they had red wine and white wine out on the bar to serve yourself. They didn't have the bar staffed....this was about 8:30 on Friday night
Old Jul 7, 2012, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by billxmeredith
I hate to tell you for all you folks who don't live in Hawaii that it is different here. They probably had issues that couldn't be overcome that wouldn't be a problem on the mainland. Sorry for the reality check - just different here.

If you really need a drink - go to the place next to Quizno's.
It isn't a matter of "needing a drink." It is a matter of enjoying the lounge privileges for which you paid for.

Plenty of states have arcane liquor issues. It took AS quite awhile to get its license transferred from T3 to T6 at LAX, and we have some of the more "sane" liquor laws.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 9:08 pm

Programs: Maker's Mark Ambassador
Oh the irony

First there is...
That may be true. However the "RED CARPET CLUB" in HNL has had its license for what? 20-30 YEARS!!! It's not "Hawaii". It's COdbaUA
And then the post gets merged into a two-year old thread about the RCC losing its license.
Yeah, CO really sucks. Facts do too.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 9:15 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by kyte
Assume he was being sarcastic re: UA statement of some elites acting overentitled .. :-:
Sorry,a little slow today.Must be jet lag.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 9:15 pm

Programs: MYOB
Let me take a wild guess...........with the merger, no need for 2 station managers, 2 cust service managers, 2 Ops managers. Who kept and who lost their jobs? Who's responsibility is the clubs? WAY TO GO CO!!!!
It falls squarely in the hands of the HNL station manager. Who is he/she. The one from CO or the one from UA? That's who's fault it is.

That may be true. However the "RED CARPET CLUB" in HNL has had its license for what? 20-30 YEARS!!! It's not "Hawaii". It's COdbaUA

I guess since some are keeping score....they'll need their Tulip stamp for this square. The UA Mgr is running the show, and the CO guy went back to the mainland. Does it matter? Is this really productive? Does this qualify for a "PMUA Epic Fail"?

Last edited by xzh445; Jul 7, 2012 at 9:21 pm
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:45 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Can confirm that alcohol is being served tonight in the HNL lounge. Wine is self-serve, bar is staffed
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP/US CP, United 1K (1MM) , Marriott Plat, Avis Plus
First Free RCC

Biggest thing I remember, it was the first no charge RCC before well drinks became free. Now they have nothing. Still odd how UA has such a presence there, they can sort it out. Seems on the surface, there's more to the issue at hand.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 3:20 am

Programs: United Gold
I spoke with one of the bartenders, when I was there last week (I got in with a gatepass, I wasn't traveling that day, woohoo).

She had no idea why they let their license lapse, but she did say that it expired 6/30 and they are trying hard to get it back. She also said that many members were really disappointed that a published service of a paid club membership was not being provided.

The bartender said she was not allowed to serve drinks, but members could serve themselves if they wanted something to drink. Notice the lack of top shelf spirits in the background of the first picture.

Old Jul 11, 2012, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Most
Maybe it is an early Ramadan start for the HNL RCC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.