Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It doesn't sound good for CLE

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2012, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
I'm also a bit confused. CLE - MCO has been mainline for at least a decade if not longer. Every now and then they had a COEx flight thrown in but that was always in addition to the mainline flight(s) of that day.

Originally Posted by walkerci
MCO-CLE-MCO flights have been mainline for over 2 months now.

Don't fall over yourselves thanking me.

Now if we can get an 8 AM northbound nonstop on Monday morning and a 6 PM southbound nonstop on Thursday, all wiill be well in the world.

You are welcome!
Old Jun 1, 2012, 4:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
http://www.cleveland.com/business/in...incinnati.html
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- United Airlines is adjusting its flight schedules out of Cleveland Hopkins International Airport.

The airline is adding 10 flights and cutting 2 others.

United has increased daily service by one flight each to Boston, Denver, Dallas-Fort Worth, Washington Dulles, Portland (Maine), San Francisco, St. Louis, Mo., and three more daily flights to Chicago O'Hare, said United spokesman Joe Micucci from Chicago.

United will quit flying nonstop from Cleveland to Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport starting Aug. 1.

I like the additional SFO and BOS for sure.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 4:46 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
The airline is adding 10 flights and cutting 2 others.
Finally a change we like. ^
Old Jun 1, 2012, 4:48 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RNE
Would be better if they were getting some mainline between BOS and IAD from CLE... but still good! ^^^
Old Jun 1, 2012, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
^
Old Jun 1, 2012, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver

Service cuts in IAH lead to service increases in the other hubs that have capacity. ^

Happy to see CLE reap the benefits as DEN is.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 8:45 am
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold

Most of these are seasonal additions, Last fall, posters were talking about the decline in CLE services, many of which were these same flights. Still, good news that CLE IS resuming them.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 9:51 am
RNE

Originally Posted by mre5765
CLE can't hold a candle to DEN. I don't see UA sending a 787 to Asia from CLE. Though if it did, I think SIN may be on the range edge.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 7:13 pm

Location: The counter of lost hopes and dreams, and for the creation of new ones in DEN
Programs: MP Rehab... or something like that...
A 767 or 787 service from CLE to FRA would be the the best possible bet but that would only happen if fuel went down and air travel demand increase... a *A venture would be the only bet for it to try to get this instated but I honestly doubt it... I welcome the additions but 3 more flights to ORD? We already have hourly service with 13 flights, 12x rj's, 1 mainline... I would love to see one or two of those upped to at least a 737 or an Airbus plus some additional mainline service to IAD, STL, and LGA... to my analytical mind those flights fill after watching them for years... a BOS and SEA daily mainline addition year round would help to but that's just wishful thinking...
Old Jun 4, 2012, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by CleUnited
A 767 or 787 service from CLE to FRA would be the the best possible bet.....
This has been my hope for a long time now. It would be perfect for me. A nice 6-7pm depart out of CLE and you're in FRA in time to connect pretty much anywhere in the worl the following morn.

/me *wishful thinking*
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:30 am

This has been my hope for a long time now. It would be perfect for me. A nice 6-7pm depart out of CLE and you're in FRA in time to connect pretty much anywhere in the worl the following morn.

/me *wishful thinking*
Or a CLE-NRT would be nice....
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:51 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
I think Smisek should punish the city of Houston by bringing that cancelled AKL 787 flight to CLE.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by mre5765
Service cuts in IAH lead to service increases in the other hubs that have capacity. ^

CLE is a more logical connecting point than IAH for much of the domestic flows. This service increase to mostly business markets makes perfect sense.

They needed an excuse to downsize IAH post-merger because of it's suboptimal location and lesser relevance in the combined organization. The City of Houston gave them that excuse.

Of course what they don't point out is any cuts in the schedule. My MIA-CLE flight is gone for this fall.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
I just wish would at least bring back the 757 flight to LHR at least season and Paris would be nice. If CVG and PIT get a direct Paris flight then so should CLE.

It would be nice to see a few more mainline flights to ORD. Back in the 1970's and 1980's it was all mainline with regular DC-10's. Even 10 years ago it was still all mainline.
Continental for a few years operated hourly mainline service to Midway.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jun 8, 2012 at 5:24 pm Reason: merge
Old Jun 9, 2012, 7:56 am

Wow! The hublet has made it to the FT big time.....transferred to the Consolidated United page!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.