Search

London Coliseum (Coliseum Theatre) Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2009, 5:13 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
London Coliseum (Coliseum Theatre) Question

I'm wondering if someone can help with my questions, as I can't find the contact details for London Coliseum itself to ask them directly.

Is there an easy place to catch a taxi at around 11pm nearby? (I find it nearly impossible to catch a taxi from anywhere the Royal Opera House post-performance - would it be similar?)

Is there a cloakroom at London Coliseum to store some bags so that I don't have to take them to my seat?

Your help would be gratefully received.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 9:45 pm

Programs: BA - Blue
I've usually gotten the tube or driven to get to the ENO, so can't directly answer your question, but it's very close to the St. Martin's Lane hotel, and presumably, that will be swarming with cabs.

I'm also not sure about the bag storage issue (not much help, am I?), but their telephone number, from the website, is either 020 7632 8300 or 0871 911 0200.

tb
Old Jul 21, 2009, 11:34 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
You should be able to get a cab, even if you have to walk a little.

ENO contact page = http://www.eno.org/about/contact_us.php
Old Jul 22, 2009, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Never had problems getting a cab there, because you are 30 seconds walk from Trafalgar Square which is swarming with them. In any event, it has been very easy to get cabs in London at any hour for the last year.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 2:28 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
You're right next to Traf Square. Go on, get the night bus
Old Jul 22, 2009, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Thank you very much for your help everyone!

Thank you for the contact details for ENO. I'll call them about the bag storage.

It's a relief to hear that taxis are easy to catch. After failing to catch a taxi on many occasions from ROH, I've become a bit nervous of planning on being able to do so.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Thank you very much for your help everyone!

Thank you for the contact details for ENO. I'll call them about the bag storage.

It's a relief to hear that taxis are easy to catch. After failing to catch a taxi on many occasions from ROH, I've become a bit nervous of planning on being able to do so.
That area is generally very cab-friendly, since as noted above it's just up the street from Trafalgar Square.

There is a place at the ENO for bags, although they might not be expecting large suitcases and the like. I imagine, though, that they'd probably take them.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Walk down to the square and towards the Whitehall exit. Easy peasy from there.

Enjoy the ENO!
Old Jul 23, 2009, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Thanks very much Christopher and Swanhunter.

Christopher - not quite planning on taking my suitcase (not this time anyway - I have done it at ROH though, and I was surprised to see how many people did). I just suspect I won't have enough time to drop my shopping off at the hotel before the show. Of course, the amount of shopping could well be almost the size of a large suitcase

I'm there to see Carlos Acosta But I must try ENO and ENB soon too. I've been a regular at ROH (for both opera and ballet) but never been to London Coliseum before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.