Wiki Posts
Search

The Ongoing Heathrow Express Promotional Fare Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2011, 12:25 pm

Programs: LH FT, Flying Blue Gold, Hilton Gold
Thank you all for the heads up on this. FT members ^
Old Aug 26, 2011, 7:03 am

Is the price of 21 pounds for Express Class return trip already discounted?
Old Aug 26, 2011, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by soxrok3
Yes - HEX Express Class return tickets are 32GBP online or from a ticket machine and 37GBP onboard.

Old Aug 26, 2011, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by soxrok3
As rwoman says, it is indeed - Heathrow Express are currently running a 'summer sale' (more info here), which runs until 4th September - and the outward journey has to be made by 4th Sept, with any return made within a month from that, i.e. by 3rd Oct.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:47 am

50% off

please see duplicate thread under Heathrow Express Codes for promo code good for 50% off
Old Oct 17, 2011, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
Hoping someone can post a code for upcoming flight in Nov (flying Virgin)
Old Oct 18, 2011, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me
Hoping someone can post a code for upcoming flight in Nov (flying Virgin)
HEx is running a 20% off promo at the mo but alas it's only until the end of October:
www.heathrowexpress.com/LandingPages/october-outbound-20

They might have a new offer nearer the time. Of course, there may be other offers out there...
Old Oct 26, 2011, 11:14 am

www.heathrowexpress.com/LandingPages/october-outbound-20

The link http://www.heathrowexpress.com/Landi...er-outbound-20 seems to be down - you can contact Heathrow Express by phone to reserve tickets through one of their operators (so you'd need chose to actually speak to someone). Phone number: 08456001515.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I'll be flying VS UC (on a reward tix) and assume that their offer of HEX F is only for paying passengers ? Looking at the responses here it appears HEX often has discounted rates, unfortunately none showing currently. My other option would be the tube-- I have an Oyster Card, but haven't used it in over 3 years, will it still be valid (doesn't say anything about expiration). I'll be at the Hyatt Churchill (Portman Sq), what would be the easiest trip via tube? I arrive at 7:30am on a Sat, and am not in any hurry, as I assume my room will not be ready that early, also I will only have a small carry on and am travelling solo. Any suggestions ??
Old Nov 13, 2011, 9:55 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

How about Heathrow Connect to Paddington? Then cab to the hotel (typically about 7 pounds max). If there is a long queue for cabs, there are busses outside the station that take you to Marble Arch where it is a short walk to the hotel.

Alternatively, you can take Heathrow Connect to Ealing Broadway and connect to the Central Line for Marble Arch. Note that there is a flight of stairs that you will have to carry your bags up at Marble Arch.

I expect your Oyster card is still valid.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
How about Heathrow Connect to Paddington? Then cab to the hotel (typically about 7 pounds max). If there is a long queue for cabs, there are busses outside the station that take you to Marble Arch where it is a short walk to the hotel.

Alternatively, you can take Heathrow Connect to Ealing Broadway and connect to the Central Line for Marble Arch. Note that there is a flight of stairs that you will have to carry your bags up at Marble Arch.

I expect your Oyster card is still valid.
No, an Oyster card (or a Travelcard) is not valid for travel on Heathrow Connect between Heathrow Airport and Hayes & Harlington station.

Whilst an Oyster card can be used for local journeys between Hayes & Harlington station and Paddington (including at all intermediate stations), if travelling to or from Heathrow you must have a paper ticket - and there are always inspectors on-board Heathrow Connect trains, so I'd advise against anyone chancing it!

The limits of Oyster validity are shown on this map (PDF), though unfortunately it's perhaps not all that clear in the vicinity of Heathrow - it is however explained in the panel on the top left-hand side.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
As I have a very small carry on bag and not in a rush, would it be feasible to take the Piccadilly Line to Green Park and then Jubilee Line to Bond St ? Would I be able to use my Oyster Card for that-- or would there be additional fees ? I'm really looking to waste some time, as I know my room will not be available. (I grew up in NYC and am very familiar with subways and changing trains etc)
Old Nov 13, 2011, 1:41 pm

Hi mauld - yes, that's perfectly feasible - you can use your Oyster card on the Piccadilly line to or from Heathrow, it's charged as a normal Tube journey without any extra fees / surcharges / premiums etc (Heathrow is in zone 6, central London is zone 1).

Also your Oyster card will still work, because they don't expire (just don't keep it in your back pocket and sit on it - bending tends to break them!).

Also, it's quite possible to take some pretty large bags on the Underground, if you're willing to lug them around - plenty of people do just that.

Last edited by Mizter T; Nov 13, 2011 at 1:46 pm
Old Nov 13, 2011, 1:57 pm

Also, an easy walk from Green Park up Bond St to the tube station of the same name.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 2:10 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mizter T
No, an Oyster card (or a Travelcard) is not valid for travel on Heathrow Connect between Heathrow Airport and Hayes & Harlington station.

Whilst an Oyster card can be used for local journeys between Hayes & Harlington station and Paddington (including at all intermediate stations), if travelling to or from Heathrow you must have a paper ticket - and there are always inspectors on-board Heathrow Connect trains, so I'd advise against anyone chancing it!

The limits of Oyster validity are shown on this map (PDF), though unfortunately it's perhaps not all that clear in the vicinity of Heathrow - it is however explained in the panel on the top left-hand side.
Thanks for the explanation. I was not clear in my response as I was answering the question of whether the Oyster card would still work at all.

The walk from Bond Street station to the Hyatt is a bit further than the walk from Marble Arch, however, if the shopping center is open, there is the advantage that you can take escalators all the way to street level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.