Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

myers dark rum - available at lgw duty free?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2008, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

just recently my best friend moved to croatia. he can't find his favorite rum anywhere. i will be flying out of lgw to dbv next month and he's begging me to bring him as much as possible. i'm not a rum drinker and as many times i've passed through lhr/lgw duty free shops, i never paid attention if myers was available. thanks
Old Jan 16, 2008, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, GF, EK, WY
You could call or email ... the details are here

If you would like to speak to our Customer Support Team to enquire about a specific item, its price and/or availability, please call +44 (0)20 8757 3825 between 9.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday and we will be delighted to help.
Plus there are some 10% money off vouchers to print out if you're planning on spending more than GBP50.

Edit: if you don't get a response to your email, I'm sure some kind soul in the UK would happily phone them to save you an international call. PM me if I can help.

hth
Old Jan 16, 2008, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
I would call and check prices too. I wouldn't assume that duty free prices are lower than you can find elsewhere, I've seen quite a few cases where I could buy liquor in local stores cheaper than DF.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dunk
You could call or email ... the details are here

Plus there are some 10% money off vouchers to print out if you're planning on spending more than GBP50.

Edit: if you don't get a response to your email, I'm sure some kind soul in the UK would happily phone them to save you an international call. PM me if I can help.

hth
thanks for the wonderful reply and the offer to call.

i will have my friend call.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djk7
I would call and check prices too. I wouldn't assume that duty free prices are lower than you can find elsewhere, I've seen quite a few cases where I could buy liquor in local stores cheaper than DF.
yeah i know, but my friend doesn't care how much it costs. if i have to buy it in the city it will have to be very limited quantity because my check in luggage will not have much empty space. duty free will allow me to "stretch it" as much as i want. he even told me that he'll pay any customs fees if i get charged, or as he said, "go big"
Old Jan 16, 2008, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, IHG Plat
Rum, one of my favourite topics particularly when it's at duty free prices.

Myers is okay and one of the better cheaper dark rums but I doubt you will find it at LGW. TBH more likely to get it at MIA. IIRC at LGW the rum selection is limited so you're more likely to encounter Bacardi Oro (okay) or Bacardi 8 anos (very nice). One of the London airports has/had Mount Gay Extra Old (the dogs gonads ^) but I can't recall which as I rarely buy on the way out.

To give you an idea of prices I use RoyalMileWhiskies in London who IMO offer decent value. http://www.royalmilewhiskies.com/ Their shop in London is just off Oxford St. and fairly convenient.

In decreasing order of price I would recommend the following as being better than Myers and failrly widely available.

Mount Gay Extra Old
Appleton Extra
Bacardi 8 anos
Havana Club 7 anos
Havana Club Anejo Reserva

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.