Where is the London Forum?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2007, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA former 1K MM
Where is the London Forum?

A thread with this title
LHR carry-on + coat hanger acceptable?
was moved by a Moderator to the "London" forum.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=744495
But there is no London forum, so far as I can tell.
if you follow that thread it takes you to
FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel&Dining: Destination > The World > U.K. and Ireland>> London

But if your try to follow the FlyerTalk menus, London never shows up under U.K and Ireland.

Where is London????
Old Oct 10, 2007, 2:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
I thought it had been merged with the UK & Ireland forum.

Yet your experience seems to show that one can still post to the old London forum address. It's the only thread posted there. Maybe it would be better if it was moved to the UK & Ireland forum.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 8:03 am

Sorry - a moderation snafu here. The UA mod moved the thread to the "old" London forum, not the the "new" combined UK, Ireland and London forum. I've found the thread, moved it to this forum, and it's currently a couple of threads beneath this one!
Old Oct 16, 2007, 3:01 pm

I must have missed it, but what happened to the London only forum. It seems that to find anything in "London", we have to go through everything else.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by faithng
I must have missed it, but what happened to the London only forum. It seems that to find anything in "London", we have to go through everything else.
It was decided that it makes more sense to have just one forum for the entire UK (+Ireland) because there was so much overlap when we had two. The London Forum used to be full of threads about things like "Day trips from London" and "How to get from London to Birmingham/Manchester/Edinburgh/wherever", the UK Forum was full of questions which covered the entire UK including London. Much much simpler to have everything in one place.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 1:26 pm

Remember the days when the London forum was part of the Europe forum and not the UK forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.