Old Jan 4, 2006, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat
safari liquor at lhr

Anyone know if it is possible to buy safari liquor at duty free at LHR
Old Jan 4, 2006, 6:39 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
if you're talking about a brand, i've never heard of it....

if for a safari, i would check w/ outfitter re prices locally....my guess is that if you are going thru jnb, it would be cheaper there or on the plane [limited selection though]....good luck.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Safari Liqueur (not "liquor") is an exotic-fruit 40 proof (20 percent alcohol) liqueur spirit with flavors of mango, papaya, passion fruit and lime that give it a strong aroma. It is produced by Diageo in the Netherlands (the same folks who own Guinness, as well as a bazillion other brands of alcoholic beverages - including two of my favorites, Talisker and Lagavulin whisky).

I don't know if they carry Safari at LHR duty-free, but Globaliser posted these phone numbers for the duty-free shops in another thread about two months ago:

Terminal 4 +44 (0)20 8745 0678
Terminal 2 +44 (0)20 8745 4843
Terminal 1 (International) +44 (0)20 8745 1760
Old Jan 12, 2008, 6:46 pm

safari

i realise you are asking for LHR but we just came through amsterdam and saw it in the duty free shops there. my wife is telling me now that they do not sell it in LHR, but spend the money to go to amsterdam airport hehehe
we've been loooking for it for 10 years too. only to be told not to buy it as we had a connecting flight once in the states and that it would be taken off us after customs and going through security again. the whole no fluids through carry on, deal

good luck
Old Jan 12, 2008, 8:45 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the FT Dining Buzz Forum.
Thanks...
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.