Search

Maidenhead, UK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2005, 7:20 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier Platinum, DL Gold, Lifetime Bonvoy Titanium
Maidenhead, UK

So-- what is there to do in Maidenhead? Restaurant recommendations? I'll be there from 08-13 MAR 2005.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by AusTXHiker
Restaurant recommendations?
Personal recommendation - the Waterside Inn at Bray.

Also in Bray, and also with 3 Michelin stars, is the Fat Duck, though personally I hated it. (Cue discussion between Fat Duck lovers and haters ...)
Old Mar 6, 2005, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AusTXHiker
So-- what is there to do in Maidenhead? Restaurant recommendations? I'll be there from 08-13 MAR 2005.
THere are a few interesting local pubs but otherwise head out for either Windsor/Eton or London town itself. Easy trian ride.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 10:07 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
This area is my stomping ground.

Without 2 much effort you could pop to Marlow. A stones through from my house and some great pubs and good food. If the weather is nice you have the river bank to walk along.
The complete Angler does a good afternoon tea (although the drink can be replaced with a G&T)
Old May 19, 2005, 3:31 pm

Location: Reading, Cambridge & Edinburgh, UK, Sunnyvale, CA and Philadelphia, PA
Programs: Top Gear
Originally Posted by bbkenney
THere are a few interesting local pubs but otherwise head out for either Windsor/Eton or London town itself. Easy trian ride.
Don't stay in Maidenhead for the pubs (they're ok as far as town pubs go...) but check out the surrounding villages. Holyport, Waltham St Lawrence, Cookham and Dorney come to mind.

Good restaurants? Try popping down the A4 to the Great House at Sonning. http://www.greathouseatsonning.co.uk/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.