Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

When's the best time to book summer fares to g.b.?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2002, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Is it too soon?
Shall I hold off and wait for a sale?
Old Dec 21, 2002, 6:49 am

Programs: Star Alliance
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by doug 2205:
Is it too soon?
Shall I hold off and wait for a sale?
</font>
It's a tough call, Doug. You have to weigh the convenience of picking your flights and seats early, vs the POSSIBILITY of cheaper flights later on with fewer choices. From ORD, the fares usually vary by approx $400 between low and high season. I use this as a mental guide, and watch for a fare somewhere in between. (It's kind of like the stock market--don't buy high, and right after you buy, the price drops!) Keep your eye on how the seats are filling up on the flights that you really want. This may give an indication if they will drop fares.

------------------
Have a nice day!
ChgoBob
Old Jan 5, 2003, 9:00 am
Original Poster

thanks, bob
anyone else have any input?
Old Jan 5, 2003, 9:56 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Delta will honor a lower fare, so even if it drops you still do OK (though not sure what the fee is for international tickets). I would check to see if the airline you are flying has the same policy.

From http://www.delta.com/care/faq/travel...#refund_adjust

If I have purchased a ticket and a new fare is introduced, can I obtain a credit?
Yes, in many cases you may obtain a credit voucher (non-refundable tickets) or refund (refundable tickets) at any Delta airport ticket counter, City Ticket Office location, or over the phone (e&gt;tickets only) for the difference in fare. A fee will apply for non-refundable tickets purchased for international travel.

When we introduce new fares or reduce a current fare in a particular market, you may change a ticket to the new fare if:

the change is made prior to departure
you do not change the flight, date, origin, destination or stopover points
reservations are confirmed in the appropriate class of service
all fare restrictions are met
the lower fare is not a special delta.com only fare
Any applicable penalties are retroactive to the new fare ticket.

[This message has been edited by cordelli (edited 01-05-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.