Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel to Windsor

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2001, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Travel to Windsor

I'll be staying at the Millenium in Reading near Windsor Castle. What is the best way to get into London? How far is Reading from Gatewick? Hope fully I'll be traveling US Envoy and get transportation if it is within 50 miles.
Old Jul 16, 2001, 5:14 am

Hi

Sorry to disappoint but by my estimation Reading to Gatwick Airport is about 58 miles.

Best way into London will be by train from Reading to London Paddington Station.

fares and times from the online timetable at www.thetrainline.com
Old Jul 20, 2001, 9:23 am

Hi,

Regarding transportation from Gatwick to Reading:

There is an express train from Gatwick Airport rail station to Reading. The Thames Trains service leaves Gatwick at least once an hour--except late at night and very early in the morning. Takes abou 1 hour and 15 minutes to reach Reading.

The fastest way to look up train schedules is at:

http://www.rail.co.uk

The Trainline site, mentioned by another poster, is also fine, but it is a little slower because it is designed for online booking of rail tickets. (If you are coming into Gatwick from outside of the UK, you really can't use the Trainline's service since they don't mail tickets outside the UK or hold tickets at Gatwick rail station.)

Hope this is helpful

------------------
David White
Let's Take the Kids to London
http://www.KidsToLondon.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.