Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Last min trip to Ireland

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2001, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Last min trip to Ireland

Hi, I think I am taking a last minute trip to Ireland in August-any suggestions on airfare, hotels, etc?
Old Jul 17, 2001, 4:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Where are you planning to go to? It's a difficult time of the year to find cheap airfares to Ireland, as July / Aug are by far the most popular for tourists. The best option at the moment seems to be either direct with EI/AA from LAX to DUB, or with CO via EWR. Either way, the fare will be about $800 - 900.

If you let me know what part of Ireland you're hoping to stay in, I can make some suggestions for hotels...

star_world
Old Jul 17, 2001, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Well, I think the last week of August, and I expect my lady to want to see the south part of IRL. I myself have been to Dublin, but on business-stayed at the Shelbourne on the green-nice location.
Old Jul 18, 2001, 9:59 am
Original Member

SFOPIT,

Small Luxury Hotels of the World is running some specials in Ireland right now. This is a really great chain. When we went to Ireland, we stayed at the Park Kenmare (not worth it) and Adare Manor (definitely worth it - but not cheap).

Check out their site: www.slh.com

I have the email of specials if you want me to foraward that to you, or post it here.

Ireland's a blast. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with. Have fun.
Old Aug 11, 2001, 2:45 am

ryanair currently have one way fares of just 2 pence from EDI to DUB !!!!! (that's about 3c to those in the us ;-) !!!)

Service starts in September - very tempted to hop over for a night out!!

www.ryanair.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.