Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

UK (or extremely close international) getaways for Easter ’24?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2024, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Hi everyone!

Appreciate it’s quite late to be asking this, and prices will be eye-watering, but would appreciate any input whatsoever from this illustrious group for for suggestions on a nice domestic/international getaway over Easter with the following conditions:

* 2 to 4 day duration, and doesn’t have to 100% coincide with Easter’s Fri and Mon (i.e. can leave Friday 29th/Sat 30th and return Weds 3rd if cheaper)
* We’re London-based, so if domestic/train, something within ~3h/4h max or so by train. If international, somewhere not too far to make a 3 day stint still worth it.
* Don’t want to go too fancy, but not too cheap either. Am thinking maybe ~£300/night or so hotels
* This will be our last trip before Player 2 brings Player 3 into the world, so we’re looking for something comfortable and easy as well (i.e. no camping or anything of the sort )

As an example we recently stayed at The Gainsborough in Bath booked through Amex Plat’s Fine Hotels with a really good rate and loved it over there.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 12:31 pm

Programs: M&S Elite+
Paris on Eurostar. York for a domestic destination.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 5:12 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
The BA holiday finder suggests Milan or Zurich or Gothenburg for 3 nights departing on Friday 29th, at the cheaper end. If you ask it for business class (Club Europe), it's Gothenburg or Amsterdam or Munich in the first page. Have you had a play with that already?

There's a lot of rail engineering works over Easter here - https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/trave...-bank-holiday/ - so expect a slow and busy and not very relaxed trip...
Old Mar 26, 2024, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Thanks all for your input - ended up going with Paris. Let's hope it goes well!
DaveS and Arctic Troll like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.