Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Taxi from one terminal to another at LHR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2023, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold

Hi everyone, quick question, would it be possible to get a cab from the Hilton terminal four to the upper class dedicated virgin check in terminal three?

Thanks for your help.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 4:02 am

Black cabs are not obligated to accept fares from that area and you would struggle to find one anyway. Uber would be the simplest option.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by B-HQC
Black cabs are not obligated to accept fares from that area and you would struggle to find one anyway. Uber would be the simplest option.
ok thank you, I will try that.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 8:05 am

Programs: ua *s, kl se, asiana *g
But don't you need to give the car's registration number 24hrs in advance to access the UC drop zone?
Old Feb 5, 2023, 8:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Dax1956
Hi everyone, quick question, would it be possible to get a cab from the Hilton terminal four to the upper class dedicated virgin check in terminal three?

Thanks for your help.
I think there will be zero chance that a cabbie will accept on you on such a short route and even Uber might be difficult (they normally wait for a few hours in a dedicated waiting lot and will accept often only journeys which cash in £50+; so will cancel on you as soon as they see your destination).

The 4 min journey with the Elizabeth/ Piccadilly line from Terminal 4 to Terminal 2 & 3 takes about 4mins and is accessible. From Heathrow Terminal 2&3 station its a 10min walk to T3 on moving escalators.
DirektornSE likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 9:30 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Even if you could get a driver to take you, it'll be hugely slower by car than tube or train. It's a huge long way round all the runways and maintenance hangers, then normally quite a bit of traffic through the tunnels and around T2/T3

Also the train and the tube are free for inter-terminal transfers...
Old Feb 5, 2023, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by swiss Julie
But don't you need to give the car's registration number 24hrs in advance to access the UC drop zone?
no. That requirement ended some time ago.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
A few years ago, I took a black cab from Terminal 3 to the Hilton Garden Inn ( 5 minute walk). Cabbie didn't mind. I did tip well.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 10:01 am

Programs: BAEC
If it has to be a vehicle drop off, is it worth asking the hotel if they can provide the vehicle, or at least organise it. It will no doubt have a markup on it, but compared to seeing a taxi driver cry before they take you on a circuit of M25 in revenge, it might be a easier solution?
Dax1956 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob

Thanks for your help.
You might want to check the Hilton Heathrow Terminal 4 thread in the Hilton forum. The Hilton T4 used to (and I believe still does) have a fixed price arrangement (£20) for a taxi/car service to provide a transfer to a terminal for those that did not want to use the TfL bus, the train/tube, or the Hoppa. You could contact the hotel to confirm.
:D! likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
You might want to check the Hilton Heathrow Terminal 4 thread in the Hilton forum. The Hilton T4 used to (and I believe still does) have a fixed price arrangement (£20) for a taxi/car service to provide a transfer to a terminal for those that did not want to use the TfL bus, the train/tube, or the Hoppa. You could contact the hotel to confirm.

sorry I lost this thread as it had been moved. I am staying at the Hilton terminal four. But was worried about getting to the upper class wing to check in. Any suggestions,anyone?
Thank you all for your help.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Silver
sorry I lost this thread as it had been moved. I am staying at the Hilton terminal four. But was worried about getting to the upper class wing to check in. Any suggestions,anyone?
Have you read the suggestions people have already given you?
:D! likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 12:08 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
IF you don't arrive by car, just check in at zone A and take the lift to the clubhouse (or whatever it's called these days). Otherwise, ask the T4 Hilton to book a car.
P.S. this journey would be a lot cheaper and faster from any of the hotels north of LHR, and possibly from some in Kensington.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tom tulpe
IF you don't arrive by car, just check in at zone A and take the lift to the clubhouse (or whatever it's called these days). Otherwise, ask the T4 Hilton to book a car.
P.S. this journey would be a lot cheaper and faster from any of the hotels north of LHR, and possibly from some in Kensington.
OK from Bath road hotels by car (although not by public transport) but I struggle to see how it could possibly be quicker or cheaper from anywhere in Kensington.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 8:18 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by NickB
OK from Bath road hotels by car (although not by public transport) but I struggle to see how it could possibly be quicker or cheaper from anywhere in Kensington.
OK Kensington might be a bit of a stretch. But not by much if you're going against peak travel direction and the M25 around LHR is a mess - and in Kensington you can simply hail a black cab.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.