Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fast Track Second Passport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Fast Track Second Passport

Does anyone have any experience they can share with getting their first second passport using a fast track or quick service? I’ve had nothing but conflicting advice from the passport office so would be great to get some clarification as to what I can do to speed the process up.

thanks
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:18 am

Programs: BA Silver / SQ Sol PPS / KE & EK Nobody!
My colleague just went to apply for one yesterday. Had to schlepp to Peterborough, but managed to get the app submitted yesterday and was advised it'd be turned around by next Wednesday. £142 I believe. Her circumstances were business-related - her passport was with an embassy waiting for a residency visa and needs to travel next week..
mediamonkey likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Similar position. I’ve gone ahead and booked a fast track renewal appointment online to get it done in a week. Is that the type of appointment he booked?
Old Mar 16, 2022, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cathay1101
My colleague just went to apply for one yesterday. Had to schlepp to Peterborough, but managed to get the app submitted yesterday and was advised it'd be turned around by next Wednesday. £142 I believe. Her circumstances were business-related - her passport was with an embassy waiting for a residency visa and needs to travel next week..
Similar position. I’ve gone ahead and booked a fast track renewal appointment online for Newport next week to get it turned round in a week. Is that the type of appointment he booked?
Old Mar 16, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: BA Silver / SQ Sol PPS / KE & EK Nobody!
Originally Posted by mediamonkey
Similar position. I’ve gone ahead and booked a fast track renewal appointment online to get it done in a week. Is that the type of appointment he booked?
Yes.
mediamonkey likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:28 pm

Programs: M&S Elite+
I have not renewed my passports for 5 years thanks to covid, but one piece of advice (assuming it has not changed since then). Make sure to have letters from an employer justifying the need for the second passport. They can be a bit miserable about issuing one otherwise. I have renewed both on a same day service before. I see no reason for a rapid turnaround not being available.
mediamonkey likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 7:32 am
Original Poster

For future reference if anyone is going through this process you need to apply online for a Passport Renewal. I paid for the fast track one week option and got an online apportionment a few days later in Newport. When I got there I told them I was actually getting a second passport for business reasons and presented all the documentation (completed form, passport photos and a letter from my company.)

A point of interest, if you are self employed through your own company as I am, they will not accept a letter from you, even if you are the owner / operator. Instead I had to get my accountant to send a letter.

Other than that all straight forward and the second passport should be with me in a week.
DaveS likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 9:12 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by mediamonkey
A point of interest, if you are self employed through your own company as I am, they will not accept a letter from you, even if you are the owner / operator. Instead I had to get my accountant to send a letter.
Yes, I have run into that problem before. They used to be OK with a self written letter, but that changed several years ago and they make no effort to announce these things. Wasted trip to London. I now have a tame customer that writes a letter for me.
mediamonkey likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.