Wiki Posts
Search

Premier inn T5

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2022, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
At the bus stop opposite the PI waiting for transit into T5 so I can get my covid test. Bus route runs every 20 minutes during regular days.

Hotel is fine although the corridors whiff a little. Check in took moments on their new self check in terminals. So far so good.

Wish me luck in my covid test.
The _Banking_Scot and KARFA like this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

No sign of the covid test results after 2.5hrs.

I am consoling myself with a large chicken shish at the Istanbul grill.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: BAEC
Is this totally insane? I’m due to fly out on Wednesday. I live in North London and it’s an easy ride on the Piccadilly to get to the airport. I am seriously thinking of booking into the PI at T5 tomorrow afternoon for 2 nights to beat the heat. I’ve seen upthread people talking about £35 a night. It’s currently £100. Not really anywhere else even close to that price other than the PI at T4. In the event that it’s not insane, any reason to prefer T4 to T5. Flight leaves from T5 but more wondering about best food options for the 2 nights if be at the PI.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 12:46 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
There are definitely no £35 rates now, that’s gone for a while I am afraid unless you are potentially booking many many months ahead. Much as I have stayed a lot in PIs, two nights in the same one might be a bit much. The T4 one is the newer hotel, but the T5 one is fine too
RichieMc likes this.

Last edited by KARFA; Jul 17, 2022 at 1:27 pm
Old Jul 17, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: BAEC
Ok. Got it. Thanks. Looked way out and you can get down to £50 if you can plan ahead. Maybe I’ll just try to tough it out tomorrow and then head over Tuesday lunchtime. Looking back, I should have just left today. I just have work stuff tomorrow and Tuesday that precludes travelling either day.

Thanks again!
Old Aug 1, 2022, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Which of the heathrow Premier Inns are most accessible to Terminal 3 please? I am debating whether to go for T4 premier inn and use the tube.

Any suggestions gratefully received.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 1:11 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by USA_flyer
Which of the heathrow Premier Inns are most accessible to Terminal 3 please? I am debating whether to go for T4 premier inn and use the tube.

Any suggestions gratefully received.
I would say toss up between the T4 one (use the tube to T2/3 which is every 8-10 mins and one stop), and the one on bath road (not the T5 one) which can be accessed by using the regular TfL buses 105 and 111.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
I would say toss up between the T4 one (use the tube to T2/3 which is every 8-10 mins and one stop), and the one on bath road (not the T5 one) which can be accessed by using the regular TfL buses 105 and 111.
Thanks for the advice KARFA. I am still undecided which way to go but it's good to know either option will be accessible to T3.

I did have one other Q if anyone knows, the T4 PI has Premium rooms for £20 more. Are they worth ponying up for?
Old Aug 2, 2022, 3:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Thanks for the advice KARFA. I am still undecided which way to go but it's good to know either option will be accessible to T3.

I did have one other Q if anyone knows, the T4 PI has Premium rooms for £20 more. Are they worth ponying up for?
I think the Premium rooms have a nespresso machine instead of a kettle and nescafe sachet and might be a bit bigger. Other than that, not much else.
KARFA likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 4:19 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by fluffymitten
I think the Premium rooms have a nespresso machine instead of a kettle and nescafe sachet and might be a bit bigger. Other than that, not much else.
Fridge too, and nicer toiletries.

Whether that's worth the extra or not... ? Well you're in it for longer than you'd be in a Club Europe seat!
Old Aug 4, 2022, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fluffymitten
Originally Posted by Scots_Al
Fridge too, and nicer toiletries.

Whether that's worth the extra or not... ? Well you're in it for longer than you'd be in a Club Europe seat!
Decided not to and went for a standard room on the PI on Bath Road. There's a bus stop right outside so I won't have to worry about transport to the terminal so much either.

There's also a KFC 100 yards away so that's dinner sorted!!
Scots_Al and fluffymitten like this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 3:04 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Decided not to and went for a standard room on the PI on Bath Road. There's a bus stop right outside so I won't have to worry about transport to the terminal so much either.

There's also a KFC 100 yards away so that's dinner sorted!!
That bus stop is really handy. The only issue I had at that place (that was when there was free bus travel) is transportation from the terminal. Don't be fooled by the Heathrow Area bus map as published by Heathrow Airport - while there is a bus stop more or less across the street from the PI Bath Road (Nobel Drive), don't use that one. Not only is Bath Road (aka the A4) a dual carriageway, it's got a fence in the median strip precisely to stop pedenstrians from crossing the street, so that's not an option. You have to get off at Oxford Avenue (one stop further), walk away from the PI to the traffic lights, and cross Bath Road there (in two times).
Old Aug 8, 2022, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tom tulpe
That bus stop is really handy. The only issue I had at that place (that was when there was free bus travel) is transportation from the terminal. Don't be fooled by the Heathrow Area bus map as published by Heathrow Airport - while there is a bus stop more or less across the street from the PI Bath Road (Nobel Drive), don't use that one. Not only is Bath Road (aka the A4) a dual carriageway, it's got a fence in the median strip precisely to stop pedenstrians from crossing the street, so that's not an option. You have to get off at Oxford Avenue (one stop further), walk away from the PI to the traffic lights, and cross Bath Road there (in two times).
Thank you very much for that tip!
Old Dec 17, 2022, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Stayed at the Purple Palace again last night. Decent stay again.

Decided not to eat in the hotel restaurant for dinner so went out on to the bath road. London Hong Kong Chinese menu prices are as bad as central London so skipped that and went for a more reasonably priced curry at the Kanzai. Not an extensive menu but what they do they did well. Recommended.
Silver Fox, DaveS and fluffymitten like this.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 12:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
I want to stay near T5 next week (705am flight, I don’t want to wake up any earlier than I have to!).

should I be looking at
PI terminal 5 (Heathrow Airport Terminal 5, 420 Bath Road,LongfordUB7 0EA
Sat Nav Directions: UB7 0EA) which is £95 or

PI terminal 4 (Sheffield Road, London Heathrow Airport,HeathrowTW6 3FH
Sat Nav Directions: TW6 3AF) which is £87.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.