Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Contacted by T&T after flight

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2021, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Contacted by T&T after flight

I have been contacted by test and trace today and it seems my contact was on a flight I took last Monday. No issue with that at all. It is a risk and fair enough. My question is how far they go with this. Does the whole plane get T&T contacted or just those within a certain radius of the positive case? I guess if it is crew then is it just the cabin they were in.

All in all I should imagine a bit of an admin nightmare but BA seem to have given my details up quite quickly (which I pleased about and seems in stark contrast to any other contact with them). Apart from missing a day of work hopefully no real issues.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I had the same last Tuesday (so day 8) from my flight the previous Monday. Not sure BA would be involved in the admin? It's taken from the Passenger Locator Form where you provided your details, flight number and seat number ?
Old Nov 1, 2021, 7:17 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I had one last week, some 4 days after landing from BUD. Interestingly the other passenger I was with wasn’t contacted. So, along with my day 2 test, I ended up doing 2 PCR tests within 5 days. Both fortunately negative.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 7:21 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I had the same last Tuesday (so day 8) from my flight the previous Monday. Not sure BA would be involved in the admin? It's taken from the Passenger Locator Form where you provided your details, flight number and seat number ?
Not sure - I had a T&T email following a flight within the CTA so no PLF submitted.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Ah, I'd forgotten about that form. Yes indeed.

Same question about radius from infected person.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Not sure - I had a T&T email following a flight within the CTA so no PLF submitted.
Oh, I wonder if that was from the COVID App ?
Old Nov 1, 2021, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Oh, I wonder if that was from the COVID App ?
For me definitely not. I have never had tracing activated on the app because I work in a hospital. First 'sick' day in 2 years and a loss of my covid clean sheet. A bit upset really.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 7:31 am

Programs: LH *G (SEN), VS Silver, BA Silver, Goldpointplus Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor silver, *ACP
I don't recall seat number being part of the PLF.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 7:54 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
In our experience it was the same row, however it's not perfect as I was sat next to the contact for 10 minutes before moving seat and wasn't pinged, others in our party who were further away were. No-one got covid as a result
Old Nov 1, 2021, 7:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by i_concur
Ah, I'd forgotten about that form. Yes indeed.

Same question about radius from infected person.
in theory it is 3 rows forward and back no matter what cabin, but I suspect they just ping everyone on the plane.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
in theory it is 3 rows forward and back no matter what cabin, but I suspect they just ping everyone on the plane.

Thanks that is useful. With a rate of 1-2% of the whole population being infected it makes a plane journey a reasonably risky thing wrt contact tracng at least if the whole plane gets pinged.

Not really an issue if double jabbed but I cannot work until I am PCR negative now.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 8:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by beardedgeologist
I don't recall seat number being part of the PLF.
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
They have now stopped asking for seat numbers on PLFs, and my suspicion is that they are indeed pinging the entire aircraft. For those vaccinated it just involves getting a PCR and self isolating for that day.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 8:11 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, EY Plat, etc
I was pinged for this last Sunday after a flight (day trip) on Friday so took another PCR test 2 days after the arrivals PCR. The seat number was not required on the PLF (although it used to be) so assume it was either the whole plane or the seatmap was provided to T&T by the Airline. Due to the short time after the flight I am assuming it was the whole plane rather than waiting for the airline to confirm who sat where.

It won’t take many of these before weekly commuters are asking for the pre-boarding negative tests to be reinstated because this knocked out my ability to commute to France for a Fortnight even though I had 2 negative PCRs.
LETTERBOY likes this.

Last edited by Robespierre; Nov 1, 2021 at 8:21 am
Old Nov 1, 2021, 8:13 am
Original Poster

So in healthcare (or at my gaff at least) you need to isolate until day 4 and then take a PCR and if negative you can come back and then daily lateral flow tests.

This took 7 days before I was notified so presumably a fairly recent positive so I am well past the 4 days.

So this information comes from the PLF rather than BA?

4 flights in 2 weeks was always going to be slightly risky!

Also this is a thread where I wanted to find out the mechaniscs of the process. Not bashing anybody at all. The system appears to be working,
Old Nov 1, 2021, 8:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
Not BA but both I and my companion got pinged today after a U2 flight 2 days ago. I was sat in row 1 and my companion in last row (thanks random seat allocation!). As we both got pinged, it's clear they are contacting the entire plane.
MSPeconomist and DaveS like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.