Wiki Posts
Search

Report your wait times entering UK at different (air)ports

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2021, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold
Report your wait times entering UK at different (air)ports

With additional documentation required due to covid and Brexit, wait times (re-)entering the UK has become a bit less predictable than in the past. I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread where people could briefly report the wait times they experienced entering the UK at different airports / ferry ports / railway stations, with enough information (weekday, approximate time, terminal and any priority status) so we could all get an idea of what to expect for upcoming travels. I've had a look and couldn't find anything similar, but if someone knows better than me, please let me know!

I'll start off with my last trip from a few weeks ago...

Port: Amsterdam Central (Eurostar)
Wait time: 25mins to get through security and immigration queue (with a single checkpoint for all passengers - I didn't see anyone go through the Business Premier entrance to skip the queue while I was there and no separate EU/UK/rest-of-world for immigration). No custom check for me on arrival at St Pancras so went straight through.
Date: Sunday in mid-August 2021
Time: 13:00
Old Sep 21, 2021, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold
Copying a Heathrow experience for another data point:

Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Just after 9 am this morning, a Tuesday, I waited between 5 and 10 minutes for the e-gates at T5. There was a bit more shouting than usual but other than that fairly efficient and organised.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 7:50 am

Programs: NH DIA+SFC+1MM; Marriott Titanium; AMEX Plat
Mid-August Friday afternoon, T2 Heathrow 15:30 - No queues, E-gates open
Beg- September Friday night, T3 Heathrow 21:30 - No queues, E-gates open (last AF flight of the day)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.