Wiki Posts
Search

Dublin - Recent Travel Experience?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2021, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Dublin - Recent Travel Experience?

I am fully vaccinated traveling from USA to DUB at the end of this month. Currently, my understanding is that I just need my CDC card to enter Dublin and an antigen test to fly back to the USA. Obviously, who knows what the requirements will be by the time I travel But for those who recently travelled to Ireland, what is the experience like regarding airports arrival/departure, where to get antigen in city center, restaurants/pubs? Please share.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 11:47 pm

My EU qr code was scanned to go in everywhere over the weekend. I went through the egates on landing so no documents were checked. All in all, a really smooth weekend.
BlindPilot likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by BlindPilot
I am fully vaccinated traveling from USA to DUB at the end of this month. Currently, my understanding is that I just need my CDC card to enter Dublin and an antigen test to fly back to the USA. Obviously, who knows what the requirements will be by the time I travel But for those who recently travelled to Ireland, what is the experience like regarding airports arrival/departure, where to get antigen in city center, restaurants/pubs? Please share.
Just back a week! CDC card was required to enter, Plus everywhere you go for indoor dining or drinking asks for CDC card plus ID to back it up unless you have it all digitally on your phone (as most locals do). We booked Randox for the return antigen test, it was 45 euro each, the test facility is across from the terminal at Dublin Airport you leave the airport on the upper floor, cross the bridge towards the car park and its on the ground level , results for antigen where on our phones within 45 minutes ...easy!
BlindPilot likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Britsok1
Just back a week! CDC card was required to enter, Plus everywhere you go for indoor dining or drinking asks for CDC card plus ID to back it up unless you have it all digitally on your phone (as most locals do). We booked Randox for the return antigen test, it was 45 euro each, the test facility is across from the terminal at Dublin Airport you leave the airport on the upper floor, cross the bridge towards the car park and its on the ground level , results for antigen where on our phones within 45 minutes ...easy!
Good to know about restaurants/pubs requiring CDC card. I didn't plan on walking around with my CDC card but I do have a photo of it on my phone.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 6:52 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
My wife and I just returned from over a month in Ireland, and visited Dublin, Galway, and Kinsale. Of the dozens of restaurants, pubs, bars, museums and other venues we entered all but one asked to see our vaccination record (CDC card) and masks were worn everywhere until seated to eat. Great compliance, making us feel safer there than in the US.

We flew United over, and there was so much screening and rechecking prior to boarding that by the time we reached Ireland, we were through border control in about 2 minutes. It was a similar experience returning via BA through London Heathrow.

We used the Binaxnow test for our return, and while it says it can be completed in 20 minutes, I would allow an hour in order to upload the result into your airline’s app. We chose this test because where we were located 3 days before our return did not have testing locations nearby and didn’t want to wait until the last minute in Dublin.

I hope this helps. We had an amazing time.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 11:24 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by BlindPilot
Good to know about restaurants/pubs requiring CDC card. I didn't plan on walking around with my CDC card but I do have a photo of it on my phone.
I would probably suggest having the physical CDC card with you will be sensible. All you need is some official to take a dislike to a photo of it and you'll be inconvenienced. By all means try the photo first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.