Wiki Posts
Search

Covid Testing at Heathrow to get back to USA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2021, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, United 1MM, Marriott Platinum
Covid Testing at Heathrow to get back to USA

How hard is it to get a Covid test at Heathrow that will get me back to the USA.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 2:10 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
It is bookable online https://www.heathrow.com/at-the-airp.../covid-19-test
Old Sep 4, 2021, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
It's very easy. There are tests in every terminal. You need to book in advance, but the results are promised within 30 minutes.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, United 1MM, Marriott Platinum
Thank you for the information. I am traveling this week and concerned about getting the test to get back into the USA
Old Sep 7, 2021, 4:43 pm

Programs: A bunch
Originally Posted by aufinger
Thank you for the information. I am traveling this week and concerned about getting the test to get back into the USA
My daughter used expresstest in T5 and it was super easy. Booked online the day before and when we got to the terminal there wasn’t a single person waiting to be tested. She was in and out in 5 minutes and the result took 30 minutes — to the minute. The test center is located just behind the check in counters, quite close to the business class check in. Not sure where they are in the other terminals.

Last edited by Tiramisu; Sep 7, 2021 at 4:44 pm Reason: Typos
Old Sep 16, 2021, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by aufinger
I also took a test at "ExpressTest by Cignpost" over at T2 Arrivals (one floor below) two weeks ago. This was for the 2nd day arrival test and it was only £89 and I got it by 7pm the day after.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Curious, you went back to LHR for your Day 2 test?

Originally Posted by alcathiax
I also took a test at "ExpressTest by Cignpost" over at T2 Arrivals (one floor below) two weeks ago. This was for the 2nd day arrival test and it was only £89 and I got it by 7pm the day after.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Curious, you went back to LHR for your Day 2 test?
My understanding is the "Day 2" test can be taken at any time after arrival in London, but must be taken by Day 2.

I am thinking about just scheduling mine for right after I land at LHR....taking it before I even leave the airport.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21
My understanding is the "Day 2" test can be taken at any time after arrival in London, but must be taken by Day 2.

I am thinking about just scheduling mine for right after I land at LHR....taking it before I even leave the airport.
I’ve done this. But it’s just more faff after the flight. Easier to have a super cheap PCR delivered to home and return by post.
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
I’ve done this. But it’s just more faff after the flight. Easier to have a super cheap PCR delivered to home and return by post.
Define "super cheap"? Randox seems the cheapest and highest rated (43GBP). Others out there?

Thanks,
RM
Old Sep 25, 2021, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Define "super cheap"? Randox seems the cheapest and highest rated (43GBP). Others out there?

Thanks,
RM

Hi,

I used Nationwide Patholgy for my day 2 test coming back from Germany. Order was processed quickly. Kit delivered just after I left for a 12 day trip to Germany. Took the test on Thursday pm ( day after arrvial) and used a Royal Mail priority box ( posted at 4pm). Results came back in 24hrs ( 4pm on Friday)
Cost was £40
Depending on where you are a Randox drop off point may be more awkward than Royal Mail

Regards

TBS
RobOnLI likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Just a data point.

Visiting London for a week. Decided on Randox. Kit ordered on Tuesday night and delivered to my hotel on Thursday. Was way quicker then I expected, as I don't arrive until Wednesday. Fingers crossed hotel keeps the pack someplace and can find it when I arrive. Haha

There is a drop box a (lengthy) walk from hotel, so seemed pretty easy. Saved some money over doing it on arrival at LHR
RobOnLI, sof_lance and Yoshi212 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.