Wiki Posts
Search

Travelex hack, not quite fixed yet [cashing-in Thomas Cook Travellers’ Cheques]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2020, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
Travelex hack, not quite fixed yet [cashing-in Thomas Cook Travellers’ Cheques]

After the major hack into Travelex's systems in Dec, & Avios earning reinstated a couple of days ago, not everything is fixed 2 months later.
I have $250 of Thomas Cook travellers' cheques, valid for life but now only cashable at Travelex. Outbound on 13th Jan I tried to cash them at T5 and was told the system was still down, fair enough.
Returning through T5 on 12th Feb, systems are back up, but the agent had to 'phone a mananger for authorisation. This concluded that most of the systems are now working except the one for travellers' cheques. I would have thought it was simply a matter of calculating the exchange rate & the £10 fee that Travelex charge since acquiring T Cook's money business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.