Wiki Posts
Search

Trafalgar Square or Euston Station?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Independent
Trafalgar Square or Euston Station?

Should I stay in a OK hotel centrally located near Trafalgar Square, knowing I will get a smaller room with more noise, or stay near Euston Station in a much better hotel? I will be going all over the place, but everything from Trafalgar Square will be one straight shot by underground, while from Euston most will require a change of lines. Thoughts?

Last edited by Cloudship; Nov 4, 2019 at 5:48 pm Reason: remove the misplaced 5.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Depends on the hotel really!
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Probably the Amba or Thistle near Trafalgar/Leicester Square. The Pullman or Great northern near Euston/Kings Cross. Unless someone has a better suggestion?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 2:45 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BAEC, VAFC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Also probably depends what you're planning on visiting, and how you're planning on spending your evenings. Personally, I'd opt for St Pancras over Charing Cross, unless I had desperate need to be staggering distance from Covent Garden or Leicester Square.

Then again I spent four years studying in Bloomsbury so it's like home to me.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:46 am
Original Poster

A bunch of different galleries - The Store X, Pitzhanger, Tate Modern, maybe Bourough Market. My dining tend to be more last minute, casual style. I figured on of the pluses of Leicester Square is that you are close to Soho and a lot of other neighborhoods where you can wander and explore.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BAEC, VAFC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
I think in that circumstance, I'd probably opt to be more central than St Pancras, so Trafalgar Square's a pretty good option. Certainly if you're planning on wandering and not planning far in advance. St Pancras isn't far out, but you're going to be able to get going straight from your hotel at Charing Cross.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 6:08 pm

The Amba Hotel Charing Cross is a wonderful hotel and the rooms are not small. It is a great option if you can find a price that works with your budget.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pfreet
The Amba Hotel Charing Cross is a wonderful hotel and the rooms are not small. It is a great option if you can find a price that works with your budget.
My biggest concern is the noise level. Howe is that, particularly room to room?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
I've found the Victoria line, which runs through Euston, to be the fastest line compared to a lot of others (Picadilly, Northern, Circle), so you might find Euston to be a better option of cutting across and changing. Changing is just a fact of life on the Underground, and often isn't hard (though there are some more troublesome stations).

I find the Charing Cross area far too busy, and all day and night. Euston tends to get quieter in the evening. So I'd always favour Euston. Especially if its a nicer hotel, like the Pullman, or Hilton, or Renaissance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.