Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR T2/T5 self bag drop

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2019, 1:32 am
Original Poster

LHR T2/T5 self bag drop

I had the new experience this month of using the self bag drop terminals at LHR T5 and T2. Seemed to work ok (apart from the woman ahead of me in T5 who got caught in an infinite loop of scanning her bp, clicking ok on no more bags, scanning her bp, clicking ok, etc). Anyway, if I check in online or by app, am I still bound by the 3 hour rule, or does that no longer apply. I didn't know about the bag drop before I went through T5, so spent about 45 mins waiting for the t-3 hour time check before going off to find the check-in area. I know that coming back I was at the bag drop about 3 hrs 10 mins before my flight, and was let through, but maybe there's a bit of leeway. Or could I turn up 5 hours before my flight, and go through, again as long as I've checked in online? I sometimes (not often, thankfully) have to self transfer so knowing I can go straight through regardless of time would be great.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by psychokilla
I had the new experience this month of using the self bag drop terminals at LHR T5 and T2. Seemed to work ok (apart from the woman ahead of me in T5 who got caught in an infinite loop of scanning her bp, clicking ok on no more bags, scanning her bp, clicking ok, etc). Anyway, if I check in online or by app, am I still bound by the 3 hour rule, or does that no longer apply. I didn't know about the bag drop before I went through T5, so spent about 45 mins waiting for the t-3 hour time check before going off to find the check-in area. I know that coming back I was at the bag drop about 3 hrs 10 mins before my flight, and was let through, but maybe there's a bit of leeway. Or could I turn up 5 hours before my flight, and go through, again as long as I've checked in online? I sometimes (not often, thankfully) have to self transfer so knowing I can go straight through regardless of time would be great.

Hi,

At T5 if using the self bag drop terminals you can check them in at any time ( opens at 0500). If using a desk then it will be the usual T-3 hours (unless in a premium cabin or have airline status).

Not sure about T2 arrangements ( perhaps ask in the relevant airline forum for T2)

Regards

TBS
psychokilla likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.