Where to overnight now Pisa flights moved to T3

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to overnight now Pisa flights moved to T3

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2019, 1:35 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by bhbloke
The bus journey, on a normally very empty bus
FWIW, at the time the OP would be travelling into the Central Terminal Area from the Bath Road for an 0820 departure, the buses are typically very busy - mostly staff travelling to work.

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Travelodge Central (dont laught)
Originally Posted by bigwalrus
Ibis Styles.
As the OP, by their own admission, enjoys treating themselves to the Sofitel, I was kinda thinking they would appreciate suggestions for an equivalent alternative, not a “you must be joking” place.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Aug 8, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Old Aug 8, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by TBD
Then perhaps I had an outlier experience. No one at LHR could tell me which bus stop would take me to the Bath Rd hotels. Once I finally sorted that out, I waited 25 mins for a bus to show up before I gave up and took a taxi.
For future reference, see https://www.heathrow.com/file_source...d_Heathrow.pdf . It has all the hotels served by the buses in the free travel area listed, along with what buses take you there!

I've had some long waits around midnight after late arrivals, but generally one of the buses I've needed has appeared pretty quickly to speed me away to my lodgings on Bath Road. Typically that's the Ibis Styles, as that often comes out cheapest for somewhere decent-ish, but I've ended up trying quite a few...

Hilton Garden Inn at Hatton Cross is nice too, but it's either a paid-for short tube trip, or a longer bus ride. HGI T2 looks good too, but I've yet to sample it.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
FWIW, at the time the OP would be travelling into the Central Terminal Area from the Bath Road for an 0820 departure, the buses are typically very busy - mostly staff travelling to work.

As the OP, by their own admission, enjoys treating themselves to the Sofitel, I was kinda thinking they would appreciate suggestions for an equivalent alternative, not a “you must be joking” place.
I wasn’t joking I was pleasantly surprised by the Travelodge as I’d go for a Premier Inn as First Choice.

Ive stayed at the Sofitel twice. The first time I took afternoon tea. There was no menu presented, no run down of teas, I was frogmarched/ walked to a glass chiller cabinet to choose my patisseries, I would have had some champagne if they hadn’t ignored me whilst they brownnosed a larger group, they had my name spelt wrongly so couldn’t find my reservation despite me presenting my BA Holidays prepaid voucher. I asked at the bar what gins they had and some bottles on a shelf pointed out to me, not the best when you are short sighted and when ordering food, when I did manage to find someone to take my order it like every other dish that was brought out was presented to every person in the bar/lounge area by a different person until it’s claimed by the rightful owner. Even Morrison’s can deliver a breakfast to me by giving me a number I place in a teapot on the table.

My second time time I was given an upgrade to club room as a service recovery gesture, welcomed back, had afternoon tea and drinks in the lounge, ordered bar food (their baked Camembert was amazing) again paraded around all the diners, was actually presented with a drinks menu so thought I’d sample some gins but 30 seconds after my Camembert and wine arrived so did the bill, tab closed so took a stroll to M&S in arrivals and grabbed a couple of cans of pre mixed gin and some nuts and watched tv in my room. Asked for breakfast in the lounge 10 mins before end of service got a bigger role of the eyes than you could role die in Vegas with a huf as if the lounge host would have to make it and pay for it himself. Each stay cost £134 excluding the extras. Asked for Guest services manager on check out of the second stay and asked if my expectations were too high and why the farcical way food was delivered suggested they have an offsite breakfast at their local Morrison’s,

Plus Room at the Travelodge, welcomed, keys given, room preference checked if I still wanted it. Asked what time I would be leaving and told of the hopper times and the TFL bus outside every 10 mins and the times of those as well. Nespresso coffee machine in rooms along with chocolate, bottles of water, premium tea bags, larger desk area, fan, ironing board and iron, usb charges and plugs next to bed with shelves next to charging points for devices, Food a bit ropey but had eaten during the day and bar service attentive from enthusiastic staff. Cost £25 including a £5 premium for the Plus room. Monitoring real time progress of bus, Left hotel about 4 mins before bus arrived walked 75m across car park to bus one third full, a couple of stops to the central bus station and a short walk to First check in at T3. No wait at security and in CX F literally 20 mins after walking out of hotel door.

Cant seem to find it but there’s a very useful thread including a list of CWS choices if I recall for Heathrow hotels.
If using the tube to transfer from T5 to T3 it’s free but you need an OYSTERCARD with credit or a contactless Card. HEX now give you a free interterminal ticket but if you e misjudged the train and have to wait 15 mins can easily be 20-25 mins from Sofitel reception to T3 check in.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 5:52 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
For future reference, see https://www.heathrow.com/file_source...d_Heathrow.pdf . It has all the hotels served by the buses in the free travel area listed, along with what buses take you there!

I've had some long waits around midnight after late arrivals, but generally one of the buses I've needed has appeared pretty quickly to speed me away to my lodgings on Bath Road.
I was staying at the Sheraton (don't remember which one) and was definitely at the bus station for a very long time in the middle of the day. Like I said, must have been a fluke, but it's turned me off from ever staying at any of those hotels again.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 3:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
Which Travelodge was that @KeaneJohn? I'll add it to my list!

The budget hotels can be excellent. I stayed in the Premier Inn T4 a couple of months ago and it was fantastic. Very new and clean. Friendly bar & Costa downstairs. 7 min walk to terminal, or free bus to T5. £36 on a flexible rate.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 3:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by mad_rich
Which Travelodge was that @KeaneJohn? I'll add it to my list!

The budget hotels can be excellent. I stayed in the Premier Inn T4 a couple of months ago and it was fantastic. Very new and clean. Friendly bar & Costa downstairs. 7 min walk to terminal, or free bus to T5. £36 on a flexible rate.
This was the Travelodge Heathrow Central. Premier Inn is normally my choice for the breakfast and dinner (meal deal options) but I had a Travelodge credit voucher from a service issue. And had breakfast in the lounge. This was an advanced rate booked in November for March. Travelodge are clearly targeting the corporate account demographic with these new plus rooms which sell for £5-£10 more. It’s just outside the Heathrow free travel zone but was perfect for a night before the Gibraltar do.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Personally, I would stay at the Hilton Paddington. The HEX makes it at least as convenient, if not more, than anything on Bath Road.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all. Looking forward to seeing what the new Taj is like when it finally arrives - they do very good airport hotels...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.