Search

Lunch places in Edinburgh city centre

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Lunch places in Edinburgh city centre

Hi - looking for a lunch place in Edinburgh city centre that I can take a relative to. I'm looking for something fast casual like a deli or a place that does soups, salads and sandwiches - the kind of place that office workers would use.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Which bit of the city centre? There are loads of options, so you'll probably want recommendations close to where you'll be. Depending on who you ask, the "city centre" can cover a fairly large area involving significant height differences!
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
I agree that more specific information is needed to give you a good recommendation. If you're in the Newington area, however, I can recommend Apiary for breakfast or lunch. I've had a couple of good meals there plus I like the casual atmosphere. Not quite a deli, and I wouldn't go out of my way to get to them, but they have good soups and sandwiches: https://www.apiaryrestaurant.co.uk/.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Valvona & Crolla?

Not the most original suggestion but usually reliable.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 2:36 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Roll and pie from Crombies.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
I agree that more specific information is needed to give you a good recommendation. If you're in the Newington area, however, I can recommend Apiary for breakfast or lunch. I've had a couple of good meals there plus I like the casual atmosphere. Not quite a deli, and I wouldn't go out of my way to get to them, but they have good soups and sandwiches: https://www.apiaryrestaurant.co.uk/.
We might have a winner here.

Originally Posted by krispy84
Valvona & Crolla?

Not the most original suggestion but usually reliable.
They look like a bit more than I want to spend. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Originally Posted by stut
Roll and pie from Crombies.
Aren't they a butchers?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 10:54 am

Stut is correct about Crombies👍
Let Facebook be your friend
https://www.facebook.com/CrombiesofEdinburgh/
Old Jul 17, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by farci
Stut is correct about Crombies👍
Let Facebook be your friend
https://www.facebook.com/CrombiesofEdinburgh/
That looks good! I might have to make a stop there when I'm in Edinburgh next month.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
That looks good! I might have to make a stop there when I'm in Edinburgh next month.
We ended up in Vesta on Queensferry Street, just off Princes Street. It's a charitable endeavour which funds homeless projects around the city so not only does it offer good tasting food, there is a social aspect to it.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by USA_flyer
We ended up in Vesta on Queensferry Street, just off Princes Street. It's a charitable endeavour which funds homeless projects around the city so not only does it offer good tasting food, there is a social aspect to it.
Interesting. I've been to the Delancey Street Restaurant in San Francisco, which is part of a similar and larger project that helps the homeless. I don't mind mixing good food with trying to do good deeds. Thanks for the heads up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.