Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business class award ORD to DUB

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2019, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Business class award ORD to DUB

We're planning a trip to Ireland next year any date between June to Sep, and wanted to get some advice on the which airline would give us the best chance of booking business class award tickets. Ideally we're looking for a non-stop flight from ORD, but I know chances for this may be low. I also don't have status on any airlines.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
which airline(s) do you have miles with and how many miles do you need?

You need to check something like google flights to see which (if any) airlines fly direct. I'd imagine Aer Lingus do though, You may need to route through another city though.

hard to advise properly with so little information.
:D! likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Just to follow on UKtravelbear's thought, I'm aware that EI, AA, and UA all have nonstops to Dublin from Chicago. You haven't specified how many tickets you'll need, but as a general rule, getting more than two award seats on any flight is difficult. Not only haven't you mentioned with which airlines you hold miles, you also haven't mentioned whether you have transferable currencies, like Amex's Membership Rewards or Chase's Ultimate Rewards, which might expand the number of airlines you could use through their alliances and partnerships. UA is in Star Alliance, AA in Oneworld, and at the moment, EI is not officially in an alliance although they are owned by IAG, the parent of BA and IB. EI remains in a partnership with UA but it is uncertain how long that will continue.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies and I'll definitely look into AA. Most of my miles are in United, and I have CSR as well. If the chances of booking an business class award ticket are better in AA, I plan on figuring out how to make that work. Another thing we are thinking of is if we find a non-stop business class ticket that is reasonably price, we may just go that route and save the miles for other trips.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.