Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel to the UK after 88 days in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Travel to the UK after 88 days in Europe

I just want to confirm I understand correctly that as a US citizen I can enter the UK for a month after spending 88 days in Europe (Schengen countries) . I have not been in Europe or the UK for over a year. Thanks
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:07 am

Your travel in Schengen is in essence irrelevant to your UK entry, so yes, you shouldn’t have any problem.

The only caveat is if your travel pattern hinted at an intention to overstay/settle in the UK, but if you are indeed 2 retired travellers and clearly intending to return to the US (make sure you have your return flight itinerary with you) then no issue. Note as US citizens you can also use the e-passport gates on entering the UK now, so unlikely to even speak to a border officer.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Ldnn1 Thanks for your prompt reply- I will go ahead an schedule our flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.