Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting to LHR in time for early flight

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I have had this happen to me and I can assure you that the Heathrow Express staff has no intention or desire to provide any sort of help other than telling you to write for a ticket refund. I made a deal with two other people standing there, also abandoned, and we split the cab. A decent carrier would have prearranged a shared cab bridge and accept tickets to pay for it, of course.
According to their literature, the Heathrow Express carry an average of 17000 passengers a day. If we discount the crack of dawn and late night services, that works out at probably somewhere in the region of 1000 to 1200 pax per hour. Ignoring for a minute the logistical challenge of finding enough taxi capacity and organising this, I would be curious to know which "decent" train operating company you have in mind that would as a matter of course provide replacement taxis for approx 1000 to 1200 passengers per hour in case of train breakdown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.