New ABZ Security/Departure Area

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New ABZ Security/Departure Area

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2018, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
Thumbs up New ABZ Security/Departure Area

This new area opens tomorrow (19/6) at 4am. I was lucky enough to get a sneak preview today, en-route to this afternoon's BA1309 as part of an airport invitation. The new area is much larger. There are 4 security lanes, with expansion possible to 5 and both increased queuing space and also a "decompression" area afterwards to repack bags etc.
Also a large new Duty Free area is connected. You now enter the new area on the right opposite the WH Smtih paper shop, and you emerge where the old BA lounge was located before the redevelopments started.
All in all a huge improvement. Apologies but I was not able to take any pictures to post.

Last edited by redpalmetto; Jun 18, 2018 at 6:18 am Reason: spelling correction

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.