Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow TV programme

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Heathrow TV programme

New series of 'Heathrow: Britain's Busiest Airport' starts on ITV on Wednesday May 2nd at 8pm.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 2:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I guess it never gets old...
Old Apr 29, 2018, 2:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
I saw one of the old stars on the Channel 4 programme last week, The Worlds Most Luxurious Airline, still as camp as ever!

However, as you can tell by the title, it had nothing to do with BA.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
I worked there for 32 years believe me it's got old for me...

John
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:13 am

100 years of BA documentary

I’m not sure if it’s already been mentioned here, but on Channel 5 at 9pm on Tuesday 1st May there is the first part of a 2-part documentary entitled “British Airways: 100 years in the sky”.

Last edited by bulkhead; Apr 29, 2018 at 3:29 am
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:55 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Bring back Jeremy Spake and Kelvin Ogunjimi.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Getting fed up of these programmes. Once they were novel and informative but now they are just derivative, slot fillers.

There are other airports in the UK!
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Getting fed up of these programmes. Once they were novel and informative but now they are just derivative, slot fillers.

There are other airports in the UK!
it would be so much more interesting to have a programme on a tiny airport. ISC springs to min. Plenty of movements in season, quiet as anything out of season, fairly often suffering weather delays, shuffling passengers around for weight and balance considerations - it has more real human interest but replaces the big jets with tiny planes.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 2:27 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
it would be so much more interesting to have a programme on a tiny airport. ISC springs to min. Plenty of movements in season, quiet as anything out of season, fairly often suffering weather delays, shuffling passengers around for weight and balance considerations - it has more real human interest but replaces the big jets with tiny planes.
BBC Alba had an excellent series on the Highland airports a while back. It was mostly in Gaelic (as you'd expect) but with subtitles:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b095vxhp
Old May 7, 2018, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Part of the problem with all these "reality" series now is that the participants all seem to think that they are auditioning for Hollywood, any one of them now could be called "Heathrow: Britain's Busiest Airport: Your Big Break". 24 Hours in A&E is a prime example of something that started off niche, now it is just a wannabe talent show with people playing up to the cameras.

That said I'll probably still watch it !
Old May 7, 2018, 3:19 am

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Part of the problem with all these "reality" series now is that the participants all seem to think that they are auditioning for Hollywood, any one of them now could be called "Heathrow: Britain's Busiest Airport: Your Big Break". 24 Hours in A&E is a prime example of something that started off niche, now it is just a wannabe talent show with people playing up to the cameras.

That said I'll probably still watch it !
Yes!

Jeremy Spake went onto advertising Euronics electrical stores, that and picking up an honoury doctorate from Colcheser College, apparently.

They're all the same. The now regular series on Princess Cruises on ITV (same formula 24 mins long comprising 12 mins of new material interspersed with 12 mins of "background to series, coming up in this episode, coming up in part 2, short background to series, background to part 1, now in part 2, next week) features the same annoying Shore Excursions rep (Timothy), no matter which ship or where in the world he's on it. Obvious that Princess are just moving him around at the request of the TV producers. His job each week seems to be to assess a new wonderful tour they are planning to offer to tourists.
Silver Fox likes this.

Last edited by Kettering Northants QC; May 7, 2018 at 3:25 am
Old May 7, 2018, 5:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Coming up after the break....more breathless entertainment.
Old May 7, 2018, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
....and a 5 minute rehash for people that cannot remember what happened 3 minutes ago!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.