Search

Heathrow Express/Hatton Cross - Hilton Garden Inn, Heathrow

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec, Hilton Honours
Heathrow Express/Hatton Cross - Hilton Garden Inn, Heathrow

I have a slightly odd travel enquiry.

I am due to be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn, London Heathrow, for a conference.

I am travelling by train from Paddington on the Heathrow Express.

I know the hotel is 5-10 minutes walk from Hatton Cross underground station.

My question is this: would it be better for me to transfer directly to the Piccadilly line underground station (for Hatton Cross) from the Heathrow Express at Terminal 2 stop?

Or take the Heathrow Express transfer between T2 and T4 and get the Piccadilly line to Hatton Cross from T4.

I hope someone can give me some advice.

Cheers
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Where are you starting from in London? Is it actually at Paddington, or elsewhere?

Only it's quite possible that your best bet is to forget the HEX entirely, and take the tube (in some variant) the whole way to Hatton Cross for the short walk to the HGI
mcgahat likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:50 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Change at T2.

Although it's a bit of a walk, the trains go directly to Hatton Cross. From T4, they do a massive loop round to T23, then wait a while, then go to HC.

Alternatively, get one of the buses from T4 that will take you to Hatton Cross for free in a couple of minutes.
AStarr likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 4:31 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Take the District/Circle line from Paddington to Earls Court or Gloucester Road, where you change to the Piccadilly line to Hatton Cross.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
I took the HEX to the T2 Tube station at Heathrow and went back to Hatton Cross when I stayed there. It really just depends if you want to spend all your time on the Tube or if you feel like dealing with the transfer at Heathrow. I'd say depending on where you are starting in London, it better to take to Tube all the way in to Hatton Cross if you don't feel like dealing with changes. If it's easy to get to the Piccadilly Line from wherever you are staying in London, keep it simple, zone out, no transfers. Depending on where you start it can be an hour and sometimes there are delays (this happened to me a few times and we had to change trains). The route can get very crowded and hot especially in the summer. You can potentially get stuck standing for an hour with you bags smushed against a window. But it's cheap and will usually get you there.

The HEX route is easy enough as well especially if you're staying near Paddington or an underground route that goes directly into Paddington. HEX is a nicer train, shorter ride (which is great in case it gets crowded which seems to be infrequent... but I'm always in their business class because Star Alliance gold perks), no stops, few delays, et cetera. But you still have to get off, go up to the Tube station, and double back to Hatton Cross. It's not bad. It's a lot more expensive though.

The walk from Hatton Cross to the hotel is not marked. Google maps is your friend. They do offer the hotel Hoppa service for a few pounds to get you to the airport... you can always get back on the Tube for that if you want, but I think the Hoppa service involves less walking.

I've never tried any of the routes involving a bus so can't advise to any of them.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 5:31 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by :D!
Take the District/Circle line from Paddington to Earls Court or Gloucester Road, where you change to the Piccadilly line to Hatton Cross.
Also doable is Hammersmith&City/Circle line to Hammersmith, then Picadilly to Hatton Cross. You exit the subway, cross a street, and re-enter but it's an allowed transfer.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stut
Change at T2.

Although it's a bit of a walk, the trains go directly to Hatton Cross. From T4, they do a massive loop round to T23, then wait a while, then go to HC.

Alternatively, get one of the buses from T4 that will take you to Hatton Cross for free in a couple of minutes.
I read so much of the OP incorrectly initially. Must've been half asleep again.

This. If you're taking HEX in, transfer at T2 for the Tube.

Otherwise, (as far as I recall, I'll be there next week to refresh my memory), it's a fair amount of extra time on the Tube from T4.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
There are also more trains from T2/3 than t4 because T2/3 gets the T4 trains as well as the T5 ones
Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Hi Devon Flier. This question seems familiar to me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.