Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Anywhere to leave a carry-on at Heathrow?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2018, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 100K

Do any of the lounges store a bag if you want to duck into the City on a long layover?
Old Feb 4, 2018, 7:48 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rodric
Do any of the lounges store a bag if you want to duck into the City on a long layover?
I don't think the AC lounges will take your bag. If you need/want to store a bag for a few hours, I'd use this:

https://www.heathrow.com/airport-gui...s/left-baggage
Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by rodric
Some of the lounges will store a bag while you're elsewhere in the terminal (eg BA GF will store one for you while you eat / go shopping / go to the spa), but they're very clear that you mustn't leave without it. If they notice, you might even end up shutting the terminal down, and quite likely would come back to some armed police holding the smoldering remains of your now-control-exploded bag...

There are paid left luggage shops in all the LHR terminals. IIRC it's about a fiver for a couple of hours, and about a tenner (per bag) for up to a day. They'll xray the bag and ask some questions before you leave it, it's generally very quick to drop off and retrieve. You're looking for the Left Baggage Company generally just after you exit customs in the arrivals area, look for the mounds of suitcases outside their shop for sale
Old Feb 5, 2018, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 100K
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
Some of the lounges will store a bag while you're elsewhere in the terminal (eg BA GF will store one for you while you eat / go shopping / go to the spa), but they're very clear that you mustn't leave without it. If they notice, you might even end up shutting the terminal down, and quite likely would come back to some armed police holding the smoldering remains of your now-control-exploded bag...

There are paid left luggage shops in all the LHR terminals. IIRC it's about a fiver for a couple of hours, and about a tenner (per bag) for up to a day. They'll xray the bag and ask some questions before you leave it, it's generally very quick to drop off and retrieve. You're looking for the Left Baggage Company generally just after you exit customs in the arrivals area, look for the mounds of suitcases outside their shop for sale
Thanks for the replies. I figured the security was the issue but since it was post security for some it may be possible. Outside storage it is. Thanks again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.